Let's Play Guild Wars 2!! - Page 29 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman830 View Post
ArenaNet's customer service is some of the best in the industry in my experience.
Agreed. I haven't had any problems but I have a couple of friends that had issues and ANet was both friendly and helpful in their responses and worked very hard to get matters resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman830 View Post
ArenaNet's customer service is some of the best in the industry in my experience. If they can't help you, the problem would most likely be your internet provider. Who do you have? Could you be having these problems during peak neighborhood use hours?
I'm using AT&T, and the thing is, this problem only started a couple weeks ago. I was playing the game at all hours of the day with no system lag whatsoever for the first couple weeks the game was out.

If ANet can't help you, it could still be an ISP issue. I've had this sort of thing happen from time to time, not with GW2 but with other things. I had serious issues with League of Legends for a while.

I'm not placing the blame anywhere, I just want to figure out what's wrong, and what I can do about it. If I can fix it on my end, fantastic. If they can fix it on their's, wonderful. It's going to be if I can't find out what the problem is, or if the problem can't be fixed, that I'm going to be severely unhappy.

Greyfeld, do you have a third party firewall installed on your machine? That could be the problem right there. Me and my dad were using a third party a couple years ago with no problems, loved it, and so forth. Then suddenly our internet speeds dropped like a rock. We had broadband (through Comcast), so we were seriously wondering what was going on. We tried everything we could imagine and "determined" that it had to be Comcast screwing us over. Well, it turned out our firewall, on each machine, had changed settings during an update or something, and it was the reason for the slowdown.

If you do have a firewall, I would highly recommend tweaking with it. Firewalls, are apparently, notorious for causing issues. We certainly had our fair share.

That I do not know, sorry. However, Norton is a Virus protection software. That could easily be interpreting GW2 protocols, whatever, as issues. I could easily be wrong in this case, mind you, but my experience with Anti-virus software is that many times innocuous programs are seen as dangerous or problematic and thus the anti-virus attacks it or hinders it.

Kapersky once lagged my machine down for thirty minutes straight, because it thought damn near everything on my machine, was a threat. I literally couldn't shut my comp down until the system had acknowledged my attempt to shutdown Kapersky.

Norton might be causing issues because of bad programming or it could be as simple as having to change some settings which are making it choke up the internet or your machine, which in turn makes the game laggy.

Sorry I can't help more. I know this stuff from experience, not from any technical knowledge which I can use to help. My dad is the IT one in the family.

I went looking through the settings, and I saw a "smart firewall" tab, so I decided to check it out. I changed the program allowance for GW2 from "auto" to "allow." I don't know if that'll help or not, but I'm sure it can't hurt.