Let's Play Guild Wars 2!! - Page 33 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

lol it seems to me that Rata Sum in general is a wasteland. I still occasionally get kicked to the overflow when popping into Lion's Arch, though.

Rata Sum, the Grove, and even Hoelbrak feel pretty empty most of the time. Obviously a lot of people congregate in Lion's Arch because it's the "central hub" city. On Tarnished Coast, a lot of people also spend time in Divinity's Reach, which is one of the main RP areas.

Which is sad. I'm not a big fan of the Grove, but Rata Sum and Hoelbrak are gorgeous.

Rata Sum I go into for crafting, since the trading post, bank, guild bank, and all crafting stations are in a small, very well organized area.

Yeah, I like Rata Sum. That's where I go when I have city-needs, no matter where I am. Well, unless I am allready in another one, I suppose. Favorite city.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaalmost to level 30 on my elementalist and my necro. It is weird because my guild has a lot of thieves and mesmers, a fair number of warriors, rangers, and guardians. Engineers are seriously underrepresented, and elementalists and necros are not seen often.

My necromancer's a minion master and it's so much different from either my ele or my engi. My ele and engi constantly have to move. Ele's dual daggers (which got AWESOME once they upgraded lightning whip) and engi's shield/pistol. On the other hand, my necromancer just kinda stands there and makes sure he drops his Marks. Most of the enemies go after my minions before they go after me. I end up having to move a lot more when I aggro a bunch of mobs, obviously. But when it's 3-on-1 or 3-on-2 odds in my favor it's much more about micromanaging my Marks than dodging attacks. It's a very weird change of pace!

I find myself standing more still with my necro because I want to be taking aggro and tanking the attacks, since I typically have about 50% more health than my guild-members. The only one I easily relinquish that duty to is the Guardian who has nigh-impossible-to-beat healing.

Heck, when doing Twilight Arbor, I was the one who drew the initial aggro and kited during the boss fights *cues Benny Hill as I'm chased by a million spiders*

I would love to tank for my minions but the enemies all just run straight to the Bone Fiend.

I need to get to 30 so I can pick up my Flesh Golem! The Wurm pet sucks, by the way. Really, really sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman830 View Post
I find myself standing more still with my necro because I want to be taking aggro and tanking the attacks, since I typically have about 50% more health than my guild-members. The only one I easily relinquish that duty to is the Guardian who has nigh-impossible-to-beat healing.

Heck, when doing Twilight Arbor, I was the one who drew the initial aggro and kited during the boss fights *cues Benny Hill as I'm chased by a million spiders*
My guardian, with his mace/focus weapon set up, is near damn impossible to kill lol. He doesn't have a lot of self-healing, but he has a crap ton of blocks, and a couple ways to get Regeneration ticking.

The wurm you have to know how to use. It's a glass cannon (seriously, mine does 850 damage per attack), so positioning it is key. You can also drop it well behind where the battle will be taking place. If the fight goes poorly for you, you have an excellent escape.