Let's Play Guild Wars 2!! - Page 41 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Let's Play Guild Wars 2!!

Necromancer got a lot of bug fixes (like the Soul Reaping trait line as a whole actually working now). No real love, though.

Been doing an awful lot of stuff lately. I'm aiming for Quip, so my current goal is to get 100% exploration. I'm at 51% right now and it's going slowly because I don't play too much. I have most of the Charr lands explored, though after I completed Fireheart Rise I decided to take a trip into Frostgorge Sound. It's really pretty up there and I love running around the Kodan sanctuaries. It's also a lot less frustrating to get through than Orr, as long as the Claw of Jormag isn't active.

Frostgorge also seems like a good place to get the T6 crafting mats needed to get a legendary. It's not a quick process, but there's a lot more mob variety there than in Orr. I got a bunch off the skelks up there.

I've also done several fractals and I find them enjoyable overall! I'm up to level 5, and the difficulty curve seems pretty gentle. One thing I like about them is the fact that you don't have to be 80 to participate. It helps to be! But any levels can join. I've had some good experiences with a few lower leveled sorts. The only fractal I've done so far that I really don't like is the swamp.

I am actually kind of looking forward to when I have to go do the WvW zones as part of my 100% world exploration. I haven't done WvW since beta, and I want to pick it up more for the monthlies.

Other than that, my guild and I are doing lots of dungeons and it's been pretty fun so far. Waiting to see what Wintersday will have and I hope it's as enjoyable as Halloween was for me.

I myself have been working toward my first legendary (waiting until I get the precursor before I decide which) and am currently making heavy use of that Rich Orichalcum Node in Southsun Cove. On Dragonbrand, the champ has been lured way down in the nest so it's not even a factor until the next server reset.

Mystic Clovers are a PAIN however.

I found the whole Lost Shores event to be pretty terrible overall, but that's not to say I wouldn't like them to continue with the idea of doing events like that.

I still have 90 something % of elona in first one. I have no freaking idea what I am missing. Those map things can be a colossal pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman830 View Post
Mystic Clovers are a PAIN however.
AGREED! Though I am glad you at least get T6 mats if you don't get a clover, so it's not a complete wash if you still need the mats. Still, the fact that such a large chunk of the legendary hinges on random Trollforge drops is frustrating sometimes >_<!

Quote:
Originally Posted by attikol
I still have 90 something % of elona in first one. I have no freaking idea what I am missing. Those map things can be a colossal pain
It's SO much easier in GW2 to get 100%. Instead of having to uncover every tiny little corner of the map, all you need to do is visit different points. Much, much, much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJester View Post
I found the whole Lost Shores event to be pretty terrible overall, but that's not to say I wouldn't like them to continue with the idea of doing events like that.
I agree. It was way to vague, buggy and laggy. It got to the point where I would just wait at the bottom of the hive for the chest to appear

On a side note, I just started playing recently. The first thing I noticed is the lack of people in PvE. I might run across 2 or 3 other players in the time it takes me to 100% a whole map. It's not that you need other people outside of dungeons or elite monster events, but even THEN, I never saw LFG calls for any PvE content. It makes the game feel much more like Skyrim than a MMO. WvW is usually full of people, at least... but I am not very fond of bunker siege battles where everyone tries to destroy / defend a fort wall for 15+ minutes.

What server do you guys play on?

I'm on Tarnished Coast.

I did find the population is more sparse depending on the zone. Starter zones still seem to have decent population and level 70-80 zones have a reasonable amount of people, but a bunch of the mid-range zones are quieter. I haven't seen it as quiet as you have but there is a smaller population.

I recently started doing Frostgorge Sound and I love the zone. It's so much easier to handle than Orr and there's more mob variety to fight. It's also really pretty in a winter snowscape kind of way. I also really love the Kodan sanctuaries.

I'm a Dragonbrand player. The starter areas and level 80 areas (save Southsun Cove) are where the population is at. Well, the population that is not doing Fractals or WvW, anyway.

@Kaitou: I'm doing the clovers first for exactly that reason. Once those are all done, I will be a decent chunk of the way toward assembling the rest of the crafting materials. That and the Crystal Lodestones I have gotten on multiple occasions are great sources of cash (Crystal Lodestones are not necessary for any Legendary. All other Lodestones are required for at least one.)