Doctor Who Season 7 (potential spoilers) - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Doctor Who Season 7 (potential spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku8745 View Post
Great, now I'm all teary-eyed. DAVID TENNANT I MISS YOU!
Who doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkWren View Post
Who doesn't?
I don't. I felt that Tennant's Doctor was too "shouty" for someone of 900, though he is undeniably nice eye candy.

I feel that Matt Smith's portrayal properly pitches the balance of youthful eccentricity and an old man that's seen some horrific things. You don't get to 900 without seeing something horrible at least a few times and that WILL affect you whether you like it or not.

**flame shield up**

I agree, I was never a Doctor Who fan. It was only Matt Smith that got me interested in the series and I've been hooked ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnas View Post
I don't. I felt that Tennant's Doctor was too "shouty" for someone of 900, though he is undeniably nice eye candy.

I feel that Matt Smith's portrayal properly pitches the balance of youthful eccentricity and an old man that's seen some horrific things. You don't get to 900 without seeing something horrible at least a few times and that WILL affect you whether you like it or not.

**flame shield up**
Fair enough, although I felt that Tennant did a great job of capturing the anger and rage of someone who's seen hundreds of years of injustice and only wants to do some good.

Just adding my thoughts: Ninth Doctor was in a bit of denial about the Time War. Tenth is realizing he is alone in the universe, and that he has power over it, more power than should be allowed. He became too attached to his companions, and made his life about saving them. He realizes this at the end, which made him more "shouty" then. Eleventh has been trying not to make the same mistakes, but he keeps failing to do so, and covers up his denial with eccentricity. We see in things like A Town Called Mercy that when the Eleventh doctor is angry, he is more fearsome than the Tenth. Also, "Demons run when a good man goes to war."

I never liked Tennant, too smug, Smith plays the part well, let down by the 15 minute scripts stretched into one hour shows.

John Pertwee was the best Doctor though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedric View Post
John Pertwee was the best Doctor though!
You take that back! No-one bests Tom Baker! I mean, just look at the scarf!

Quote:
Fair enough, although I felt that Tennant did a great job of capturing the anger and rage of someone who's seen hundreds of years of injustice and only wants to do some good.
You'd think he'd have a bigger vocabulary after ~900 years, though, rather than saying "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" every fifteen minutes.

Matt Smith has become my favorite Doctor, just narrowly beating out Tom Baker.

Quote:
You take that back! No-one bests Tom Baker! I mean, just look at the scarf!
I keep wanting to have a pack of jelly babies in my pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnas View Post

**flame shield up**
lol better hold that shield tite once the rest of the Who fans see ur post.

I personally think all of the recent doctors (yes... even that REALLY bad one [insert your hated doctor here]) have brought a great progression of the character to the series. I grew up watching Doctor Who on PBS out here in California, and attribute my sci-fi love to this series. The current shows on BBCAmerica are making it hard to enjoy last season, but glad to have the doctor back, and glad he and River are gonna start traveling together (tired of the gingers )