Movies of 2012 - Page 17 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

I still don't know half of what Bane said throughout the movie. All I know is every time he spoke, I cringed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Rudo View Post
I hated Bane's voice, loved Catwoman.
Funny =] I HATED that she was Catwoman, annoying character in my opinion and Bane was AMAZING! He had a Sean Connery sorta voice and I loved him. =P

For what it's worth, I do think she didn't really fit in the movie. She had this really cheesy sexy femme fatale thing that just didn't really go with the serious tone of the movie. I guess I kinda wrote that off as her being theatrical, like Batman, but... yeah. I at least found her fun to watch.

I'm seeing the move again tonight (my 11 year old sister is begging me to take her), so I might have a better idea about my grievances later.

Anne Hathaway. I can take her or leave her. She doesn't really add anything to any movie she goes in. But she doesn't make a movie worse by being in it. So there it is.

Total Recall wasn't bad. Not great not bad. Special effects were better than the original of course. It didn't have the same set of humor and there weren't really any one liners delivered by Arnold. I took my 19 year old nephew and he liked it quite a bit. He had never seen the first one and couldn't make a comparison.

I was planning on watching Total Recall but the reviews have been fairly critical so far so I'd be interested to hear other opinions if anyone else has watched it.

The common complaint seems to be that it is a fairly soulless affair. Not much beyond the effects.

Is this a wait for the DVD situation or is it still worth a ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
I was planning on watching Total Recall but the reviews have been fairly critical so far so I'd be interested to hear other opinions if anyone else has watched it.

There seems to be a lack of a character named Richter, hence no "see you at the party, Richter", thus me never seeing this movie. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post

The common complaint seems to be that it is a fairly soulless affair. Not much beyond the effects.

Is this a wait for the DVD situation or is it still worth a ticket?
I don't think it ever was worth a ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkWren View Post
I don't think it ever was worth a ticket.
heh, you might be right there. It was on my list of fun things to watch. It's the kind of list you need to have when enjoying the great British summer .

I always liked the original and the trailers didnt look too bad so was vaguely looking forward to it. Now I'm back to being undecided.