Movies of 2012 - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

Wow... That was easily the best movie I have seen this year. And you are right they did do an excellent job of keeping the characters true to the comics.

That movie was beyond awesome. Truly, Joss Whedon is my master now.

Since the powers that be are too daft to keep allowing him to make awesome tv stuff, maybe we'll see a transition into Joss Whedon being given all the money to make movies instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
Since the powers that be are too daft to keep allowing him to make awesome tv stuff, maybe we'll see a transition into Joss Whedon being given all the money to make movies instead.
He was on the Wonder Woman movie, then dropped it for a number of reasons, mainly due to a complete lack of enthusiasm/support for the project internally. I'm really hoping that, with the success of The Avengers and Cabin in the Woods, DC will rethink their position and beg him to come back.

DC needs to do something. Their movies just don't stand up well in comparison to the Marvel movies. Joss Whedon just knocked it out of the park. Everyone will be compairing Batman and Spiderman to it. The bar has been set. It will be interesting to see how the others do.

I think after the Avengers the comic book industry should just hand him a blank check and say: "Make all of them. Please. We'll do anything."

Just watched Avengers, and enjoyed Hunger Games earlier this year (not as good as the book, of course). I plan on seeing Dark Knight (woo opening night!), and hopefully Prometheus, Brave, and the Hobbit (cause who doesn't love Sigourney Weaver, Pixar, or Tolkien?).

I should add the AVENGERS WAS AWESOME.