Movies of 2012 - Page 8 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

Thanks for dredging up some horrible memories <shudder>. I'm just going to leave it as Batman was rebooted for a very good reason.

I'm thrilled about the movie lineup this year...Avengers was awesome, of course. I have been obsessively waiting for The Hobbit ever since Return of the King came out, so that's a given...people have already mentioned Spiderman and Batman...

No one has mentioned Snow White and the Huntsman, which comes out tomorrow. Am I the only one who is super-excited about it? I've watched the trailer rather obsessively, just because it so intrigues me visually....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
Am I the only one who is super-excited about it?
I refuse to give anything but scorn and mockery to a movie featuring a beauty like Charlize Theron where when they say fairest of them all then they show us Kirsten Stewart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Holy Wor View Post
I refuse to give anything but scorn and mockery to a movie featuring a beauty like Charlize Theron where when they say fairest of them all then they show us Kirsten Stewart.
I feel much the same. I also don't think KS has any acting chops, to be honest. IMHO, she is the blemish on what otherwise looks to be a really fun movie. Nevertheless, I may still see it.

Anyone watched Moonrise Kingdom yet? Being a Wes Anderson fan I really can't wait to see it. I've been hearing it's not as strong as some of his earlier work but still an excellent watch.

I'm also embracing my musical theatre side by letting out a very fanboyesque squeeeeeeeee at the thought of the Les Mis movie coming out at the end of the year. Saw the first trailer yesterday and damn is it going to be bleak. Can't wait xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogie View Post
I'm also embracing my musical theatre side by letting out a very fanboyesque squeeeeeeeee at the thought of the Les Mis movie coming out at the end of the year. Saw the first trailer yesterday and damn is it going to be bleak. Can't wait xD
Considering how popular I Dreamed a Dream has been in the past few years, I'm kinda happy they did something different with a quieter, somber version.

That said, I really wish movie musicals would actually cast singers, or actors known for singing. The trailer's okay, but I half think they went the quiet, somber route for the song because her vocals can't handle a bigger number. I'd really just rather rewatch the 25th Anniversary DVD of the musical, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Holy Wor View Post
Well, yeah, but I'm more interested in watching Theron completely steal the movie as the evil queen. If she doesn't, well then it probably will suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
No one has mentioned Snow White and the Huntsman, which comes out tomorrow. Am I the only one who is super-excited about it? I've watched the trailer rather obsessively, just because it so intrigues me visually....
I plan on seeing this with my wife. It looks interesting. I'm not expecting anything great but I think it'll be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstarraven View Post
Avengers that's pretty much it this year.
tsk tsk tsk there will also be the epic movie known as The Hobbit coming out later this year.