Movies of 2012 - Page 9 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

Wait... there's not going to be another xmen movie where they completely jumble all the characters ages and timelines around, mix them up, slap a campy script on there with an attempt at the morality of homo-superior vs. homo-sapien, and then gloss it over with a liberal slathering of FX? :P

Avengers was much fun and the whole family loved it. "Puny god..." Hah, loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
I also don't think KS has any acting chops, to be honest.
Exactly, she also she looks like a constipated drug addict.

Quote:
Snow White & Huntsman
. . . Watched it last night.

Oh, Stewart, please, please, pleeeeease, try and get some acting lessons scheduled in.
And writers! Director!
What were you thinking?!
There could have been better lines she could deliver! And with a different panache!

EDIT: To reiterate, it has good scenes. It has its moments. The Huntsman, the Queen, William, the Dwarves, they were all good. But it could have been better if Snow could really do well on the more emotional part of her scenes.

PS: Someone spoil me the AFTER credit of the Avengers. I think I saw the Middle credit, but I dunno about this after credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob98926 View Post
tsk tsk tsk there will also be the epic movie known as The Hobbit coming out later this year.
Most definitely. This is probably the only movie that stands a chance of out producing the Avengers.

Misty Mountains Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroad View Post
PS: Someone spoil me the AFTER credit of the Avengers. I think I saw the Middle credit, but I dunno about this after credit.

The wife and I hit Snow White and the Huntsman. It was alright. Is it bad that I was rooting for the evil Queen?

I took my seven year old nephew to Madagascar III. It was much better than I expected. Maybe I am being unfair and just a little bitter but I thought it was better than Snow White and the Huntsman. At least I was laughing because it was supposed to be funny.

And just to annoy everyone check this out.

Circus Afro

Honestly, the movie i was looking forward too, Piranha 3DD (big cheesy Horror fan), was apparently limited release and not in my area. Pretty dissapointed. Although I saw Snow White and the Huntsman instead. Was not disappointed.

Saw Brave today with my wife and kids.. It was well done.. Those Pixar people sure know what they're doing when they make movies! Lotta good animated stuff on the way this year.. Wreck-It Ralph and Rise of the Guardians looked like a lot of fun!

Brave is good?
I am going to watch it this week.

Prometheus was awesome. Truly, an Alien movie.

Abe Lincoln the Vamp Hunter is a great action movie. Don't expect the acting or the plot to wow you, but all the action was fun to watch. Since I have an axe-wielder in play, looking at Abe twirling (though totally impractical) and using crazy axe combos are awesome. Another axe-wielder after the Huntsman, now I just wait for both flail user and halberd user being protagonists of an action movie and that's my trifecta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroad View Post

Prometheus was awesome. .
Spoiler tag would have been nice. Thanks.