Toho's Godzilla reboot teaser trailer - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Toho's Godzilla reboot teaser trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalara Shadowmist View Post
A force of nature is immaterial. Godzilla is flesh and blood. Thus he can easily be blown to bits. A single Tomahawk Cruise Missile would render him immaterial. If he has super duper armor, okay then lets say a tandum charge Tomahawk Cruise Missile. One charge to batter through the armor, the other to go off inside his body.
In the story Godzilla is a T-Rex mutated by atomic energy and is taller then most skyscrapers in Tokyo. And you think a couple of Tomahawk missiles is going to do something other then piss him off? They could direct hit him with the Tsar Bomb and the only result would be a giant lizard standing where Tokyo and 13 million people once were.

I'd also like to note that a few drops of his blood, traveling through space, have fused with an extraterrestrial crystal, causing a reaction which CREATED A WHOLE NEW GODZILLA LIKE BEING IN SPACE. This being, called Space Godzilla, then proceeded to travel through space and come to earth. Notice, drops of blood caused this, not aliens spending all their time to recreate it with super technology, just a "Natural" reaction between drops of blood and a form of crystal...maybe a black hole, but I haven't seen that movie in sooo long.

Is there anywhere where I can watch all of them legally on the internet?

Also, mutated Iguana, not T-Rex. The only reason that Spaetzle Echse looked like a T-Rex in Godzilla 2000 is because Emmerich is wierd like that.

Well... it didn't look any more like a mutated T-Rex that it specifically did a mutated Iguana, lol. The body and tail was far too long for a T-Rex and the head was all wrong for an Iguana. Take your pick with which was the original creature since either way you're looking at about even "changes" to get the end result, Godzilla. Granted the "babies" looked far too T-Rex like. *shrug*

For the record he is only an iguanna in Emmerich's version. He was also never a t-rex. Despite the dinosaur's appearance in the heisei Godzilla v King Ghidorah the official canon stipulates that he is, I kid you not, a godzillasaurus.

Well, I was being more figurative then literal in my T-Rex comparison; however, it has been stated that the T-Rex was part of the design concept. The Big Guy was apparently inspired by the "Rhedosaurus" a Ray Harryhausen creation from "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therren View Post
For the record he is only an iguanna in Emmerich's version. He was also never a t-rex. Despite the dinosaur's appearance in the heisei Godzilla v King Ghidorah the official canon stipulates that he is, I kid you not, a godzillasaurus.
Not to be confused with the actual dinosaur which was named after him, the Gojirasaurus Quayi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
Not to be confused with the actual dinosaur which was named after him, the Gojirasaurus Quayi.
That definitely could add even more confusion to the already confusing mix, especially considering Godzilla has two completely separate origins. There is, of course, the origin I mentioned from the 80s/90s Heisei series where he mutated from a dinosaur that continued to thrive on an atoll in the pacific. And then there's the completely separate origin set up by Godzilla Raids Again/Gigantis the Fire Monster in which it's stated that he is actually related to the monster Anguirus due to both of them being from the fictional Gigantis family of super-sized dinosaurs.

In other words, looking at Godzilla's origin in any light other than "radiation mutated dinosaur" is tantamount to walking straight into a hot mess of confusion : /

Oh come on, everybody knows Godzilla's true origin is "This is what you get when you piss off Mother Nature."