Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

We currently have 163 Old School Players on the list!

I have occasionally looked at the players of Freeform thread and thought it would be cool for old school D&D players to have a similar gathering place.

My experience has been that old school games can often have difficulty finding players. There just aren't that many of us. So an ad can go a couple weeks without any interest and then have 10 apps in two days.

My hope is that players interested in these systems will post their name, whether or not they would be interested in being contacted by potential DMs that may be struggling to fill games and what systems they prefer. There may be a few of you old schoolers out there that have mixed feelings about me, I would still encourage you to post your interest here for the betterment of the Old School Renaissance. I will ad members to a list in this post as you come in.

Systems I consider Old School:

Original Dungeons & Dragons: The three little brown books, with or without supplements and clones; Sword and Wizardry comes to mind.

Classic Dungeons & Dragons: Holmes Basic D&D, Moldvay\Cook Basic\Expert D&D, Mentzer BECMI D&D, The D&D Rules Cyclopedia, and clones (Labyrinth Lord, Basic Fantasy, Dark Dungeons there are more.)

Gygax AD&D (1st Edition, 1E) and clones (OSRIC, LL - AEC, Adventures Dark and Deep, others?)

AD&D Second Edition and clones (For Gold and Glory, others?)

Players List
As of 2/28/15, the list is too big to fit in a table in a thread. So it's been moved to the Myth-Wiki!

Older D&D Players List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
I have occupationally looked at the players of Freeform thread and thought it would be cool for old school D&D players to have a similar gathering place.

At the time I am writing this there are four AD&D\OD&D game ads up and they are having minimal success. I know there are quite a few gamers out there that are willing to play old school D&D (Meaning 2e or earlier editions or their clones). Even some of us that prefer it.

I am hoping maybe those players would post their interest. Whether they would be interested in being contacted by potential DMs and what systems they prefer.

Systems I consider Old School:

Original Dungeons & Dragons: The three little brown books, with or without supplements and clones; Sword and Wizardry comes to mind.

Classic Dungeons & Dragons: Holmes Basic D&D, Moldvay\Cook Basic\Expert D&D, Mentzer BECMI D&D, The D&D Rules Cyclopedia, and clones (Labyrinth Lord, Basic Fantasy, Dark Dungeons there are more.)

Gygax AD&D (1st Edition, 1E) and clones (OSRIC, LL - AEC, Adventures Dark and Deep, others?)

AD&D Second Edition and clones (For Gold and Glory, others?)
I'll go look, I'd love to throw down with some old school THAC0 lol All anybody wants to play it 3.5 or 4.0
I'm actually batting around the idea of dusting off this Temple of Elemental Evil module and trying to find some brave adventures! I'll have to look but I think i have Gold and Glory, and Dragon around here some were. None the less, I'd love to at least play an AD&D game.

Long story short I'm down!
(and yes I am 24, but my dad is awesome and gave me this stuff when I was younger)

GA and Sam Thanks for the replies. Not sure about systems or contact status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
GA and Sam Thanks for the replies. Not sure about systems or contact status?
Duh, sorry. Contact is fine (PM)...preferred systems are Basi (all are okay, but I have the Mentzer sets), 2nd Edition, 1st Edition.

I'll just direct anybody interested in old style D&D to Dragonsfoot.

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/

Its an old, well established community and resource site that is all about classic D&D and clones like Castles and Crusaders.

Count me in as an old school player/DM. I'd also suggest adding HackMaster to the list of Old School games. It is (essentially) an expanded version of AD&D.

Cthulhu I am familiar with Dragonsfoot but this is about getting players on Myth-Weavers who are interested in playing old school games together. The tools and quality of play available on the Weave are vastly superior than those on DF, or any other OSR site that I have found. I am a member of many OSR sites and participate in rule discussions on all of them but I role play here because it is the best place to PbP!

Thanks Crit I will add you!