Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones - Page 11 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Players of Older D&D (2e/earlier) and Clones

ACM and ComicsFan you are both added to the list. Welcome to the old timers corner of the Weave!

Comics what old school game systems do you play?

ACM I assumed PMs are okay based on our conversation.

I am going to be opening X4 Master of the Desert Nomads back up for public play and opening an ad. The module may say it is for character 6-10 but after a bloody TPK of long time friends I think 7th is a bit low. I will start it higher this time. This will be a LL Core Rule game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Wyvern View Post
ACV and ComicsFan you are both added to the list. Welcome to the old timers corner of the Weave!

ACME I assumed PMs are okay based on our conversation.
Yes, PMs are just fine

Quote:
I am going to be opening X4 Master of the Desert Nomads back up for public play and opening an ad. The module may say it is for character 6-10 but after a bloody TPK of long time friends I think 7th is a bit low. I will start it higher this time. This will be a LL Core Rule game.
Sounds really cool! *Note to self: move BW to the 'Evil DMs that like to slaughter pcs' list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
I can vouch for ACM's writing ability I have played in several games with him and find him to be an outstanding Gamer. anybody would be blessed to have him in a game.
EXCIOR! My goodness it has been a long time! Good to see you still playing the good old edition. Thanks for the review *looks sheepish*

FYI,

If anyone ever needs an encounter map...I happen excel at making them. It is sort of a hobby of mine. I find maps online or make them myself using the NWN II toolset. I add a grid over the map and then import it all into Excel. I have hundreds of 'top down view' characters that can be brought in. Updating the map with everyone's actions takes about 10 seconds. Then you just take a screen shot and upload the image. The map is the only thing that takes time. After that it is a piece of cake.

ACM

Examples:

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/z...er_media_share

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/z...er_media_share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscivilmike View Post
*Note to self: move BW to the 'Evil DMs that like to slaughter pcs' list
Whahahahahaaaaa!

Looking for a replacement player for my re-imagining of B2 Keep on the Borderlands. The party elf had to drop out due to personal issues. Drop a note here or send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae View Post
Looking for a replacement player for my re-imagining of B2 Keep on the Borderlands. The party elf had to drop out due to personal issues. Drop a note here or send me a PM.

Mordae,

Where is the link to the page?

EDIT: Found it. So the class/race is an Elf? This will be a first for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscivilmike View Post
Mordae,

Where is the link to the page?

EDIT: Found it. So the class/race is an Elf? This will be a first for me!
ACM you have never played Basic Dungeons and Dragons? its what I started out playing way back in the early 1980's at that time I had not ever heard of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. its fun very stream lined very fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
ACM you have never played Basic Dungeons and Dragons? its what I started out playing way back in the early 1980's at that time I had not ever heard of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. its fun very stream lined very fun.
It was cheaper to start playing too. I bought myself the Moldvay Basic and a friend had the Cook Expert. Was a couple months before I got Expert for Christmas. Each set was like $8 and you could play the game with just the Basic set, compared to AD&D where you needed three $12 hard covers and didn't even get a set of stinking dice.

By the next Christmas we were converted to AD&D but B/X has always held a special place in my heart. I even bought the Mentzer BE books close to the time RC was released and can remember seriously contemplating buying the RC, but 2E revised won out until I found LL. Now I don't even remember why it was important that race not = class.