monty python meets star wars - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

monty python meets star wars

monty python meets star wars

Not a big Monty Python fan, but I've always loved the Black Knight scene. That said, here it is merged with another love of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CLwxObfaNE&NR=1

That was a pretty good video mashup.

I don't care much for British humor personally. Mr. Bean is pretty funny, as is the scene with the Black Knight but otherwise, beh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek_nailgun View Post
I don't care much for British humor personally. Mr. Bean is pretty funny, as is the scene with the Black Knight but otherwise, beh.
An interesting comment, personally I prefer it, but there is plenty of other countries' humour that I like as well. I am wondering what your exposure to British humour is, beyond Monty Python and Mr Bean, especially if you have seen any of the US remakes of British comedies side by side with their originals.

Aye, tried the British version of The Office and found it horrid. Again, as with all other art it's obviously an opinion. Watched Black Adder along with Faulty (Fawlty...? sp?) Towers and a few regular run episodes of Monty Python. Moviewise, gave Hot Fuzz a shot and had to shut it off after forty five minutes of null-laughter.
There aren't many newer movies in general that make me laugh, come to think of it. I was told to watch Pineapple Express and I sat through the entire horrible affair and I think I smiled once (guy gets stabbed with a fork). It was absolute crap! I didn't find Super Troopers funny (I know I know...cardinal sin) or many other 'newer' comedies. I refuse to watch SuperBad because I'm guessing it's yet another di*k and fart joke movie about teens trying to bed someone down. Scary Movie and the American Pie jazz just has nothing for me. The stuff simply isn't funny. The jokes are predictable and have done a zillion times.
I guess I'm getting old or something. I still find lots of things funny, but just very few movies. I like subtle humor lately, like the U.S. version of the Office. Seinfeld was good back in the day, and I loved Frasier.
Anywhoo, didn't mean to get sidetracked there.
Reading a book by Jim Norton (I Hate Your Guts) and he's hilarious. Lewis Black is good also, along with Dennis Miller. But again, that's all either standup or written material.

I don't think a discussion of humour preference is too much of a derailment. I have to agree on the movie thing, few movies are truly funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek_nailgun View Post
I like subtle humor lately, like the U.S. version of the Office.
I need to check, was this a joke? Or is the US Office actually considered subtle in the US?

My only rule for watching TV is that I won't touch a show with a laugh track or similar. Usually because it activates when stuff isn't funny (is it worth a laugh because a recurring character appeared? Does one of the cast really justify thirty seconds of guttural hooting? Really?).

As for movies, I'm finding a lot of indie and European stuff, through Netflixs, that I'm really liking, a lot more than most American releases.