Movies of 2012 - Page 19 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Movies of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndl View Post
I have a fondness in my heart for the original Red Dawn. I'm wary of the new movie coming out, but I'll probably rent it eventually.
Saw the trailer. Won't be touching that with a 10-foot pole. It might well bomb like a
Soviet/Russian medium bomber, aka 'Backfire', one of the most famous of theirs
Tu-22M

Ok, this one is a direct-to-video I just wateched... out already in Japan, comes out in the US in the next 2 weeks... and it's going to be a strange movie to suggest:

Starship Troopers: Invasion

It's animated, and I'd almost put it up against the original for best of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
Ok, this one is a direct-to-video I just wateched... out already in Japan, comes out in the US in the next 2 weeks... and it's going to be a strange movie to suggest:

Starship Troopers: Invasion

It's animated, and I'd almost put it up against the original for best of the series.
It looks like it might not suck, though I admit I wasn't a fan of any of the movies.

I liked the first one, couldn't make it through the second one, and haven't seen the third.

Given that the first one was pretty awful aside from the image of Doogie Houser: Space Nazi and the shower scene, I've avoided all the rest. If the animated one is almost the equal of the first... Pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Given that the first one was pretty awful aside from the image of Doogie Houser: Space Nazi and the shower scene, I've avoided all the rest. If the animated one is almost the equal of the first... Pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
I'll just leave this here:

Expendables.

Haha! I have to admit, I was extremely disappointed by the first one, but I hear the second is better. I'm still waiting for DVD/Netflix/Hulu/wherever I can watch it for "free"* first.

*Free meaning something I already subscribe to, not piracy.