Evil Player options for 5e released early. - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Evil Player options for 5e released early.

A death cleric would not need to be evil necessarily, depending on the deity. A cleric of Kelemvor could easily be a part of an adventuring group and still be Neutral, NG, or LN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
I don't understand why you need a whole book, or even a web release, for playing an evil character in 5E. It seems like the Player's Handbook has plenty of options.
No one has said you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Why have a DM's guide at all? I think part of it goes back to AD&D 1e when the DM's Guide was a guide for the DM. Content that was in their domain that they could implement and use for their own campaigns. It's certainly different now and players feel entitled to use every single publication to their advantage. When I get my DM's guide, it will not be another player supplement.
I completely agree. I don't even think the DMG is that valuable - there's nothing in there that you can't run a game without; as long as you have the PHB (and maybe the MM, but even that's debatable) then you have all you need.

You do know a DMG is half training manual , idea farm, and guidance of rules? The DMG is not a bastion for players, but rather the DM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Potato View Post
I completely agree. I don't even think the DMG is that valuable - there's nothing in there that you can't run a game without; as long as you have the PHB (and maybe the MM, but even that's debatable) then you have all you need.
Magic items. Most importantly for me, what magic level the game designers envisaged and maintains balance. That and a listing of monsters by CR, which lest face it should have been in the MM.

if theres one mistake in the monster manual it was making lichs require a steady diet of souls

i will admit im a bit biased as i consider destroying souls as the most evil act of all that even other evil creatures view as just to far so it ruins my love of affably evil lichs i will definitely be retconing that change out

besides it kinda screws with the idea of a lich that just sits in his tower all day

as for evil options i have to disagree with raveled a dedicated sourcebook is a great thing that said the book of vile darkness did not have much info on pcs even the prestige classes were explicitly stated to be writen with npcs in mind they still work as pc classes but they exist to make interesting enemys

that said making lichloved a requirement for thrall of orcus was just stupid liches hate the guy why in the world would somebody that likes lichs support him if there was a plain undead loved feat for having perverse sex acts with mindless undead it might make some sense although i would have rathered it just gave a little bonus rather then being a requirement but other then that its all great prestige content

and besides its in no way the worst requirement in the game that honer goes to the alignment requirements for command auras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Magic items. Most importantly for me, what magic level the game designers envisaged and maintains balance. That and a listing of monsters by CR, which lest face it should have been in the MM.
The v2 DM basic rules have items and a CR-ordered monster list, at least. I want to see information regarding normal, mundane item qualities. There's a Shatter spell, but I have no idea what 3d8 thunder damage even does to an item.

Also, environmental things. Definitely want to see how they work in 'interesting terrain' and traps in a system where using a grid is supposed to be a variant.

i just wonder why thunder damage is a thing there is already sonic damage prehapes its based on pitch thunder is low while sonic is high still im not sure how the sound needed to shatter something could be based on amounts thats not how resonance works