Question about Farland - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Question about Farland

Question about Farland

Is there rules to DMing a farland game or can you just play farland using the resources at the farland site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Azrael
Is there rules to DMing a farland game or can you just play farland using the resources at the farland site?
Excellent question. There are no rules and no prior approval necessary. Just create a game in the Farland Games forum in the games section of this site, and use the Farland website as your resource. If you have any questions about the World, that is what this forum is for. And have fun!

Also, does the world change, can DMs post what their campaign has done to change and mold the world over time?

Quote:
Also, does the world change, can DMs post what their campaign has done to change and mold the world over time?
Another excellent question. This one is more tricky. All articles are set in the year 8170 F.R., and what is on the site is "canon," so DMs cannot change the world simply because their games took the world a different way.

BUT... DMs are welcome and even encouraged to post in these two forums what they have done to the worlds in their games, and to post ideas that they came up with, and if the staff likes those ideas, they may be implemented officially, giving full credit to the DMs of course.

Quote:
Kool, I plan on making a Farland game some time in the future.
Cool. Let me know if you need any advice, etc. I have lots of Farland-specific modules on my site if you want to run those as well.

Quote:
Kool, I plan on making a Farland game some time in the future.
You're sure to love it, I sure do. If and when you do start, you'll be invaluable to us as a playtester. So please let us know when and if you find anything that does or does not work well. Of course no need to wait until then

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayman10
How do I get into a farland game????????
Talk to Dark Azrael. Maybe he'll DM. I also just got two PMS. Turtledunn1191 and Master of Monsters are both looking for a Farland game, so it looks like you guys have basically a whole crew right now.

Which of the books are allowed? Just stuff from the farland book or are the DnD splat books allowed normally as well?