Steampunk mmo? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Steampunk mmo?

Steampunk mmo?

http://neosteam.gamigo.com/

Neo Steam Launches [Aug 27, 2009, 09:55 am ET] -

gamigo announces the English commercial launch of Neo Steam, their subscription-free MMORPG that combines steampunk sensibilities with anime art direction set in "an alternate reality where electricity was never invented" (thank goodness someone at least had the wherewithal to "invent" steam). Here's a bit from the launch announcement: "NeoSteam is set in an impressive, cool 3D fantasy world full of challenging quests and thrilling PvP-battles. Players enter an alternate reality where electricity was never invented - everything is instead powered by NeoSteam. Alas, the supply of NeoSteam is finite, dragging the two major powers to an inevitable war. Battles rage between the Elerd Kingdom and Republic of Rogwel over Rope Isle – the last available source of NeoSteam."

Now, that is unfair. In general, I dislike asian MMOs, due to their tendency towards mini-transaction based gameplay, where you can buy all sort of stuff for real cash, and their apparent like of
Warning: Exaggeration possible.
thousands of levels, yet on the other hand... It's Steampunk, damnit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroel View Post
Now, that is unfair. In general, I dislike asian MMOs, due to their tendency towards mini-transaction based gameplay, where you can buy all sort of stuff for real cash, and their apparent like of
Warning: Exaggeration possible.
thousands of levels, yet on the other hand... It's Steampunk, damnit!
I hear ya! :/