Cwn awwn monster - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

Cwn awwn monster

Cwn Awwn - New Monster

Here is a monster that I have derived from the Celtic Myth of the Cwn Awwn or (Hound of Hell).

Description: Standing six feet high and twice that long, a sleek white bodied canine is the Cwn Awwn. Emblazened with crimson red ears and crimson red feet the Cwn Awwn is from the far corners of the Abyss. The Cwn Awwn was first used by The Dweller to scout out easil obtainable targets in his conquest of the continent of Farland. Evidence shows that possibly the first Cwn Awwn was brought forth around 5270 F.R.

Hell Hound (Cwn Awwn)
Large-sized Canine
Hit Dice: 3d20 + 9 (52 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 60 ft.
Armor Class: 22 (+15 Natural, +7 Dexterity) 14 touch, 21 flat-footed
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+0
Attack: Bite +3 melee (2d6+5)

Full Attack: Bite +3 melee (2d6+5)
Swipe +4 Melee (1d6+3)
Flame Breath +3 Ranged (60 ft) (2d6+3) extra (1d6) Flame Damage
Space/Reach: 20 ft/10 ft (60 ft. with Flame Breath)
Special Attacks: Flame Breath
Special Qualities: Immune to poison and sleep spells, Darkvision 120 ft, scent
Saves: Fortitude, +9, Reflex, +7, Will, +9
Abilities: Strength, 21, Dexterity, 25, Constitution, 28, Intelligence, 19, Wisdom, 23, Charisma, 26,
Skills: Intimidate +3, Spot +3, Listen +4, Move Silently +5
Feats: Alertness
Environment: The Abyss, Anywhere
Organization: Solitary, pair, pack (3 or more)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: 3
Special Abilities:
Flame Wall (Sp) - Once a day the Cwn Awwn can call on a wall of flame to surround itself or a target in a box of fire that extends 40 feet high and can encompass a maximum of 120 foot perimiter. (40 feet on each side) The flame wall last for 24 hours and is 2 feet thick.
Meteor Swarm (Sp) - Once a day the Cwn Awwn can cast Meteor Swarm.

Farland, feel free to balance it out any way you see fit.

Hey, thanks for the submission.

Well, the first thing I see is that for a CR 4 monster meteor swarm is just a bit powerful. Also, why not make the wall of flame like the spell?

Hey, thanks for the submission.

Well, the first thing I see is that for a CR 4 monster meteor swarm is just a bit powerful. Also, why not make the wall of flame like the spell?

I didn't know that there was a Flame Wall spell. Oh well change the CR then. I didn't know how to do the CR.

I didn't know that there was a Flame Wall spell. Oh well change the CR then. I didn't know how to do the CR.