Create a New System! - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Create a New System!

Snap.

Get ready for first paragraphical hypothesis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAbyssKeeper View Post
The Core Stats form the acronym CRAVINGS.

(Creativity, Strength and Vitality fulfilling their respective letters.)
There's...

Creativity - Free will, action points, and a lot of super stuff.
Reflexes - Saves and initiative and some abilities.
Aptitude - Skill points.
Vitality - Constitution and endurance.
Influence - Charisma and the 'luck' stat; it affects all others slightly.
Nimbleness - Actions/turn and avoiding danger you are aware of.
Grit - Fortitude and will; both saves or tests or required for use of some abilities.
Strength - Lifting, speed, and base melee.

No ability can go higher than 10 max or 1 minimum, if you're human - unless you have some external benefit/negative such as being on drugs or physically/mentally disabled/insane. Also, the stats are meant to define the core character - each stat directly constributes to an actual thing the character does in some way, whether it's casting a spell, or performing a more specific ability or combat technique, etc., etc. In this way, the set of skills a character picks could be his 'class'.

EDIT: Sorry if that's too non-open for interpretation. I got a little ahead is all. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
Snap.

Get ready for first paragraphical hypothesis...

There's...

Creativity - Free will, action points, and a lot of super stuff.
Reflexes - Saves and initiative and some abilities.
Aptitude - Skill points.
Vitality - Constitution and endurance.
Influence - Charisma and the 'luck' stat; it affects all others slightly.
Nimbleness - Actions/turn and avoiding danger you are aware of.
Grit - Fortitude and will; both saves or tests or required for use of some abilities.
Strength - Lifting, speed, and base melee.

No ability can go higher than 10 max or 1 minimum, if you're human - unless you have some external benefit/negative such as being on drugs or physically/mentally disabled/insane. Also, the stats are meant to define the core character - each stat directly constributes to an actual thing the character does in some way, whether it's casting a spell, or performing a more specific ability or combat technique, etc., etc. In this way, the set of skills a character picks could be his 'class'.

EDIT: Sorry if that's too non-open for interpretation. I got a little ahead is all. -_-
This seems too much like a DnD centric interpretation for my liking.
Maybe you just used it for clarification, though my fear is that in equal parts it stops new ideas from occuring.
Also, I think deciding on what each stat does will happen in later posts, not a clarification.
(A clarification would -in my mind- happen after a rule is made, though worded possibly ambiguously.)

The main sporting event involves jet packs, an oxygen line connected to a ship, and an energy sword, used to sever the opponents oxygen line.

The power of the music of bards is reduced by one for every CRE feet of vacuum it has traveled through.

All of the "items" in the game are forms of chemical, genetic, or mechanical modifications on the characters.