farland glossary - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

farland glossary

Farland Glossary

One of my next projects is creating a glossary of terms that pertain to the world of Farland. It is a large world, and I thought a quick look-up glossary would be useful for users. I want to include any commonly used terms, names, places, people, etc.

So what I would dearly like for you to do is take a quick gander through my site and note any terms, names, or words that occur more than once and that you find confusing, than list them below. If you are a new visitor to Farland, all the better: you will probably be most helpful to me.

Errr... maybe because no one can find any words they find confusing?

Maybe you should list the groups also : Like which elite force is based where and loyal to whom.

Errr... maybe because no one can find any words they find confusing?

Maybe you should list the groups also : Like which elite force is based where and loyal to whom.

ok, im having trouble finding terms that arent explained, so far its looking good, i guess the glossary would include stuff like the local currency and equivalents of it, umm, maybe some local customs, definetly that neta looking flora and fauna page, i liked that, heck id like to add if at all possible, or at least ubmit for review, i once made up a plat, a root actuallt, and called is Honeyroot, cause it was hard, chewy, and sweet, be damned what effects it could have.. u fill in tha blanks

oh, just i ncase this thread is for specific ppl, im sorry for intruding,

ok, im having trouble finding terms that arent explained, so far its looking good, i guess the glossary would include stuff like the local currency and equivalents of it, umm, maybe some local customs, definetly that neta looking flora and fauna page, i liked that, heck id like to add if at all possible, or at least ubmit for review, i once made up a plat, a root actuallt, and called is Honeyroot, cause it was hard, chewy, and sweet, be damned what effects it could have.. u fill in tha blanks

oh, just i ncase this thread is for specific ppl, im sorry for intruding,

No, its not for specific people. Its open to all. And that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. So the words seem pretty clear. Yeah, I was also planning to include common names, etc, for example Farlandish (pertaining to the kingdom of Farland) vs. Farlandic (pertaining to the whole continent).

Thanks for the feedback!

No, its not for specific people. Its open to all. And that's the kind of feedback I was looking for. So the words seem pretty clear. Yeah, I was also planning to include common names, etc, for example Farlandish (pertaining to the kingdom of Farland) vs. Farlandic (pertaining to the whole continent).

Thanks for the feedback!

ok, so i can say all i want? as long as its constructive of course....
I just went through the bestiary, ok, first things first, the wolf spider?! thats is one weird looking combo, i mean, yeah, sure, in theory it sounds all vicious and stuff, but, imagine this thing, i for one would be more inclined to laug at it that be scared, i mean, spider body..andthen... a wolfs head!! you have the neck and head of a fast, agile, active creature, with the body of a slow, patient, clever creature, i dont know, the combination just looks too damn unlikely to me, if youd at least stayed in the same category of creatures, but, Arthropods and Mammals dont mix too well...
and about the Eyewing, spy eye, whatever its called, nothing like it in dnd, but if youd like a reference, there is a similar creature in Magic:The Gathering, as a card, its called Belbe's Percher, the flavor text at the bottom gives a brief desc of the creature, and for a more detailed look, youd have to read the Magic novel Nemesis by Paul B. Thompson, basically its a birdlike thing, kinda leathery looking, it can rememeber short frases and copy them, used for comunication, oh, and now that i thin kabout it, theres something else too in magic, in the Moons Of Mirrodin novel, its liek an Orb with a birdlike body, has wings, and a fin, used basically as a spycam, and has an electrical ray weapon of sorts.