critique spell - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

World of Farland

A world conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin; A unique campaign setting designed to be used with all editions of D&D.

critique spell

Notting to new, I think it would be better if the caster can actually move the "carpet" while taking a full-round concentrating in the new area. But I prefer Flaming Sphere...
Keep thinking in new spells.

yeah, i realized that this spell wasn't what i thought it was. i thought it was that spell that the sorceress would cast and then run around with a trail of flame. this one seems more like an adapted wall of fire.

yeah, i realized that this spell wasn't what i thought it was. i thought it was that spell that the sorceress would cast and then run around with a trail of flame. this one seems more like an adapted wall of fire.

Personaly I think this spell is fine. Even though the description does miss something (like the ignites flamable matterials thing). Damage cap should be at 10d4 since it keeps burning for some time. and is almost as much damage as fireball. The area of this spell is relatively small. At its max (unless epic levels are used) it affects 10, 5 ft squares thats not all that much. most creatures can move trough this wall and only take damage once.

I found another glitch in this spell. The fact that the fire is only 8 inch high. any commomer can jump over that with a running jump.

Personaly with all this taken into account. the fact that it deals less damage than fireball. It has a relatively small area. Probably deals damage only once. And the fact you can jump over it (or fly or levitate for that matter) with only moderate effort. but has a longer duration. I think this spell might as well be lvl 3 instead of lvl 4.

Personaly I think this spell is fine. Even though the description does miss something (like the ignites flamable matterials thing). Damage cap should be at 10d4 since it keeps burning for some time. and is almost as much damage as fireball. The area of this spell is relatively small. At its max (unless epic levels are used) it affects 10, 5 ft squares thats not all that much. most creatures can move trough this wall and only take damage once.

I found another glitch in this spell. The fact that the fire is only 8 inch high. any commomer can jump over that with a running jump.

Personaly with all this taken into account. the fact that it deals less damage than fireball. It has a relatively small area. Probably deals damage only once. And the fact you can jump over it (or fly or levitate for that matter) with only moderate effort. but has a longer duration. I think this spell might as well be lvl 3 instead of lvl 4.

Thanks for all the comments. Some of the "glitches" have been taken care of in the description on the site. I have debated whether it should be level four or five. Perhaps I will raise the height of the flames to 16 inches.

Thanks for all the comments. Some of the "glitches" have been taken care of in the description on the site. I have debated whether it should be level four or five. Perhaps I will raise the height of the flames to 16 inches.

Im not sure if I should post this here, I just saw the post and wanted to helpy a out some. These spells are made by myself and/or I got the idea from final fantasy and a few other games I play.

Name: Ultima

Conjuration (Energy)
Level: wiz/sorc 5
Components: V,S
Casting Time: 3 Rounds
Range: Self only
Area: 10 ft.+ 5 ft./level
Duration:Instant
Saving throw: No
Spell resistance: Yes

This spell brings forth a powerful force of energy within 5 ft./level of the caster. All those within the area of this spell take 1d12/level, and are stunned for 1d6 rounds. This spell requires nothing to cast except for voice and gestures.

Name: Sonic Blast

Conjuration (Sonic)
Level: wiz/sorc 2
Components: V,S,M
Casting Time: 1 Round
Range: 40 ft. +10 ft./2 levels
Saving throw: Ref

This spell is a powerful wave of sonic force. This force has the power to shatter stone and steel, and make your enemies deaf forever, if they fail their reflex save. This spell does 1d6/level to foes, and does 1d4/level to stone and metal items and foes, regaurdless of damage reduction and/or hardness if they fail their ref save. If the targets succeed on their saving throws, they take only half damage, rounded down, and are only deaf for 1d4 rounds. Requires a small fan and stone to cast.

Im not sure if I should post this here, I just saw the post and wanted to helpy a out some. These spells are made by myself and/or I got the idea from final fantasy and a few other games I play.

Name: Ultima

Conjuration (Energy)
Level: wiz/sorc 5
Components: V,S
Casting Time: 3 Rounds
Range: Self only
Area: 10 ft.+ 5 ft./level
Saving throw: No

This spell brings forth a powerful force of energy within 5 ft./level of the caster. All those within the area of this spell take 1d12/level, and are stunned for 1d6 rounds. This spell requires nothing to cast except for voice and gestures.

Name: Sonic Blast

Conjuration (Sonic)
Level: wiz/sorc 2
Components: V,S,M
Casting Time: 1 Round
Range: 40 ft. +10 ft./2 levels
Saving throw: Ref

This spell is a powerful wave of sonic force. This force has the power to shatter stone and steel, and make your enemies deaf forever, if they fail their reflex save. This spell does 1d6/level to foes, and does 1d4/level to stone and metal items and foes, regaurdless of damage reduction and/or hardness if they fail their ref save. If the targets succeed on their saving throws, they take only half damage, rounded down, and are only deaf for 1d4 rounds. Requires a small fan and stone to cast.

Spelling: some comments on your spells.

Ultima: It seems abit powerful for a fifth level spell. Plus, you offer no damage cap. The three round casting time does weaken it alot.

Sonic Blast: This is a second level spell!!?? It is more powerful than fireball in many ways.