Panic Room III [January Challenge] - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Writers' Guild

A community for writers of all genres to hone our craft, with monthly exercises, challenges, and collaborative writing. Open to anyone who enjoys writing!

Panic Room III [January Challenge]

Quote:
Originally Posted by InaVegt View Post
A 5 ounce flat letter is 4.40 USD when mailed to the Netherlands. My manuscript is slightly more than 4 ounces (Calculated, not measured, margin of error is small enough that 5 ounces should be enough), so it'd need to be at least that much, unless I mark it disposable, in which case 0.94 USD in postage should be enough.

If you have paypal I could even pay you/whoever would be this kind.
InaVegt, can you use regular US stamps ($0.42 cents)? It would take like 11 of them to make the $4.40 you would need. Or do you need an actual postage mark for $4.40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanavel View Post
InaVegt, can you use regular US stamps ($0.42 cents)? It would take like 11 of them to make the $4.40 you would need. Or do you need an actual postage mark for $4.40?
I'm pretty sure I can use regular US stamps. I've received mail from the USA that was stamped with regular stamps before.

Geno_Device, I don't want to trump your card if you are already working on this. Please let me know if you have plans in the works.

InaVegt, if I'm not stepping on Geno_Device's toes I'd be more than willing to drop a couple U.S. stamp booklets in the mail to you. Please PM me or email me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanavel View Post
Geno_Device, I don't want to trump your card if you are already working on this. Please let me know if you have plans in the works.

InaVegt, if I'm not stepping on Geno_Device's toes I'd be more than willing to drop a couple U.S. stamp booklets in the mail to you. Please PM me or email me.
I think I can burden a USD of always good stamps. Is there any special legality to mailing stamps?

Either way we'll get her some

USPS page on mailing to the Netherlands

Should have all the information needed, be sure to crosscheck their links to
Hyperlinked numbers, mostly
more information, because there's some important stuff in there.

Is it time to panic yet? I haven't touched mine for at least a week (maybe more) and I can't seem to get inspired by the story anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJasmine View Post
Is it time to panic yet? I haven't touched mine for at least a week (maybe more) and I can't seem to get inspired by the story anymore.
Don't panic yet! Start out by placing yourself in a time and place where you can concentrate. Then re read what you've got so far, trying to immerse yourself into the story. Be the character, imagining what he'd do next. Think like him/her and imagine why he'd do what he has done so far - maybe a bad childhood, etc. Then think what he'd do next. If you treat it like a play or a movie, with you playing his part, you'll soon realize what you should write.

When you describe settings, close your eyes and 'see' the room, the yard, whatever place, and describe it, down to a tee. You'll be able to visualize it better, and you can take it out later if you wish. But it will make you a part of what you write.

And don't be afraid to let it write itself. Sure, it's a good idea to have an outline, but write the outline on a piece of paper, if you have one, that can be easily thrown away. Outlines are for giving you a road map of how to get there, it's not a picture of your destination.

And have fun with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJasmine View Post
Don't panic. Still plenty of time. Now 11:59pm on the night of the 31st, maybe you can start to panic.

Let us know if you need some help talking yourself into your story. I can't get through my own story but I'm good at talking others through theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InaVegt View Post
USPS page on mailing to the Netherlands

Should have all the information needed, be sure to crosscheck their links to
Hyperlinked numbers, mostly
more information, because there's some important stuff in there.
thanks for that, I asked a postal drone and they told me they had no idea lulz

PM me your addy and I'll send you some

Oh, my second work has actually increased a couple hundred so It might still be in the race at least for publishing though it will most definitely never reach 5000 pages.

In any case has anyone heard from Wonder Woman? How is she doing?

Hay sister are you out there? Are you well?

I'm okay. Been busy a few days. I thought I had a week to work on my story revision, but then my friend died, so I might not get it done in time.

I'll probably get it in shape to submit to one publisher, and get people reading it so I can have it revised after the inevitable first rejection for sending out to the next one.

I want to make both challenges, and I think I can come up with something passable enough to send to a publisher, though I'll still ask for readers after I send it out because odds of getting published by the first publisher you send to are very slim.