Ch 5: The Dead Warrens [IC] - Page 41 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Ch 5: The Dead Warrens [IC]

Lorcan rolled his shoulders, stretching and twisting. He twisted his head from side to side, causing bones to creak and pop. "Well, 'm not zactly tip-top. But I c'd go s'more. Still, if 'deres more in d' wand I c'd use dat too."

Kiera Taliera

Kiera accepts the studded leather suit from George, saying "Thank you, George. And thank you for cleaning it, ‘tis now well-suited to Abadar’s service." She prepares to switch into the new armor at the earliest, most discrete opportunity.

The paladin draws near to Lorcan once again, waves the wand of healing power over him and blesses him once more.

"Aaaahhh. 'Dat's da stuff. T'anks, Kiera." Lorcan rolled his shoulders around once more, stretched to test his range of motion, and nodded his readiness to proceed.

Skeeve Plowse, Dashing Adventurer

Skeeve takes a moment to pull a rag from one of his beltpouches, quickly wiping off the end of his blade, and when George proclaims the armor to be magical, he can't help but take a peek himself, casting a quick Detect Magic spell of his own to see if he can't figure out the threads of arcane power weaved into the leather. While concentrating on his spell, he remarks distractedly, "So, through the door next, or down one of the other passages?"

~ 18:11: Gray District - The Dead Warrens ~

Looking at armor
Upon closer inspection of the magical armor’s aura, the two wizards could tell that it was enchanted to provide additional protection (+1 enchantment) for the wearer.

From the tunnel to the south, you thought you heard a moan or something.

George glances southward. After a moment of concentration to try to figure out what the source of the moan was, he gives up and grimaces. "South, I guess? Though I fear the source of that moan is just one of Rolth's undead lackeys."

"Still, it might be an undead lackey that is personal bodyguard to Rolth."

Kiera Taliera

Kiera nods to George, saying "Yes, let us continue down the passageway. We shall face our assailants head-on."

The paladin switches into her newly-acquired magical armor and prepares to stride south with her party of adventurers.

Skeeve Plowse, Dashing Adventurer

Resisting the urge to take more than just a passing glance at Kiera changing into her new armor, Skeeve will let Kuari hop back up to his shoulder, and will move down the passageway as well. "Minion or not, I'm not going to cry too hard when we end it, George. Besides, I don't want whatever that is clawing at our back while we confront Rolth." His tone is light and quiet, as he strains his ears for the sound of shuffling zombie steps... or whatever it is, peering down the two branchways.

George nods to Skeeve, but he does not move from where he stands, being not eager to catch another Sound Burst.

He takes his new wand out of his Haversack and mutters, "Note to self: Remember to use this next time we meet a weak-willed monster. Could have used it against the ugly thing."

He scowls and mutters, "I miss my secretary."

"Through da Sout' passage, den. Ev'ry buddy reddy?" Lorcan asks. He looks at the others, and as soon as they indicate they're ready to go he proceeds down the passage to the south.