Werewolf druid alignment - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Werewolf druid alignment

Werewolf druid alignment

Is there anyway to do this? If I had a druid who wanted to voluntarily become afflicted with lycanthropy, are the items or feats or classes that can protect my neutral alignment?

Moon Guardian. It offers a chance at least.

if 3.5 you will need a high will save to keep successfully keeping your alignment so have him min/max that part of his character. not sure about pathfinder.

Oh snap. Here I thought I had completely devoured the Complete Divine. Thanks!

It's not really a great class. For one thing, you're already losing levels to just being a lycanthrope.

Then you're losing a caster level for your first level dip.

After that, it's probably worth it to take the second. The class has good fort and reflex saves and full BAB... so that's useful. Especially reflex. Not many divine casters offer that one. Natural spell for "free".

Then you can ignore the rest of it.

Does it have to be a werewolf? Wereboar and Weretiger are both neutral out of the book. Plus when you are crafting any other animal as a lycan this applies:

Alignment: Any. Noble creatures such as bears, eagles, and lions tend to produce good-aligned lycanthropes. Sinister creatures such as rats, snakes, and wolves tend to produce evil-aligned lycanthropes. This is a reflection of how these animals are perceived, not any innate quality of the animal itself, so the alignment of the animal form can be arbitrarily assigned.

Come to an arrangement with your DM of something that you like and he is happy with.

I suggest Werewardog since it'll have the same abilities as a wolf but you can quibble as to the alignment.

Druids can change shape. seems almost silly to have a werewolf.

Also:
Quote:
Lycanthropic Player Characters
When a PC becomes a lycanthrope, you as the GM have a choice to make. In most cases, you should take control of the PC's actions whenever he is in hybrid or animal form—lycanthropy shouldn't be a method to increase a PC's power, after all, and what an afflicted lycanthrope does while in animal or hybrid form is often at odds with what the character would actually want. If a player wants to play a lycanthrope, he should play a natural lycanthrope and follow the guidelines for playing a character of a powerful race.

you don't....

"The character’s actions during this first episode are dictated by the alignment of its animal form. The character remembers nothing about the entire episode (or subsequent episodes) unless he succeeds on a DC 15 Wisdom check, in which case he becomes aware of his lycanthropic condition."

"A character with awareness of his condition retains his identity and does not lose control of his actions if he changes. However, each time he changes to his animal form, he must make a Will save (DC 15 + number of times he has been in animal form) or permanently assume the alignment of his animal form in all shapes."

the player in question just doesn't want the last clause to come in effect (which is the whole purpose of the thread). as werewolf is Chaotic evil he would lose his druid abilities should it occur as he would then be an ex-druid. houserules can fix this as stated in other posts as DM can decided how these things go.

You could always use the Weretouched Master PrC and the rules for rebuilding your character. Start from the ground up as a shifter.

Then again, if I was your GM and you willfully decided to disobey nature and become a Lycanthrope I'd say you'd need an atonement spell cast by your Archdruid. Given your new form they may be less than willing to acquiesce.

To become a Lycanthrope you're giving up 8th and 9th level spells as well so it has very little in the way to offer a druid.