I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force. - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force.

I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force.

Lucas has teamed up with Disney to make Episode 7 set to release 2015. I may have actually been excited about this if the last three films weren't sub-par.

Scroll down a bit and you can see the whole press release.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59381

Also

"The force is strong with Mickey Mouse.
The Walt Disney Company announced on Tuesday that it is purchasing Lucasfilm in a stock and cash purchase valued at $4.05 billion. The deal includes plans for Star Wars: Episode VII, aiming for release in 2015. Walt Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced in a shareholder conference call that the studio also plans to release Episode VIII and Episode IX. “Our longterm plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years,” he added, noting that the deal came with “an extensive and detailed treatment for the for the next three movies.”"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcracker View Post
I may have actually been excited about this if the last three films weren't sub-par.
George Lucas won't be at the helm, so at least the (future) movies might have a chance.

Are you sure this isn't some stunt from The Onion?

If it is a stunt, it's got a LOT of people convinced. Lot of reputable sources are confirming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Does this make Princess Leia officially a disney princess?
Greatest. Statement. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
Does this make Princess Leia officially a disney princess?
That would make her my second favorite Disney Princess.

My question is now that Disney owns both Lucasfilm and Marvel, does that mean this is cannon? Oh! And the Star Wars Episode of the Muppet Show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
And the Star Wars Episode of the Muppet Show!
"The world will never know!"