D&D fluffed as Fall Out - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

D&D fluffed as Fall Out

D&D fluffed as Fall Out

The Fall Out universe seems ideal for D&D classes. The Ranger is the ultimate wanderer, the fighter is the ultimate mercenary, and the rogue is the ultimate pusher/courier, the barbarian is the tenacious explorer, while the monk and paladin are the wise protectors.

Replace magic with perks. Replace feats with fighting moves. Change the weapons, items and armor. Let's see what we get?
----

----

TBH, I don't really know where I'm going with this. It seemed like a bright idea at the time. I'll come back to it when I find the inspiration.

So.... your basically making every Class "Psionic" and doing away with 50 to 75% of D&D anyways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnyperos View Post
So.... your basically making every Class "Psionic" and doing away with 50 to 75% of D&D anyways?
Eh.... yeah, pretty much. Also, there's less emphasis on equipment that simply offers straight bonuses or does really convenient things (usually what adventurers rely on in D&D). Also no wizards, and no bat men.

But I'll get back to you on that.

sounds good.... Are you going to start a game using that? I could give you some ideas via pm..... If you do start a game, tell me and if you want i can part time gm for you.... Or something.....

Crap, unless I can pull copy/paste from my clipboard (and I don't know how to do that), the data I typed here is lost. Thank this site's hobby of expiring my 'tolkens' whenever it's most convenient.
----
I had lot more fluffy and fun paragraphs to put in here that I just lost. Being human, I've forgotten what I wrote.

Okay, addiction in brief:
- It's a rating, applicable to every drug and other illicit substance (includes strange herbs in the wasteland, and the entrails of a brahmin or feral ghoul).
- Roll above the rating and you're addicted. Just like the game.
- Con subtracts from your roll. If you roll 10, it's the natural 1 to your resistance check (auto-addiction); doesn't matter if you're a super mutant capable of surviving rads that set normal people on fire with -12 AR (addiction resist), etc. That way, addiction is always a risk. The most addictive things are natural 1s. Things born of raw SCIENCE! are sometimes 0 and are quite deadly (so at least get a ranger to sniff out good from bad).

Rads
- I remember writing something to the effect of 'don't be stupid' and GM discretion. Certain things might obviously give sickness (ie. spending too long out in the wastes or getting a dose of rads from that feral ghoul's green fireball).

Warning: I will never be using the word 'SCIENCE!' again (except for that last time). Typing in all caps hurts my brain, I'm srs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magius View Post
sounds good.... Are you going to start a game using that? I could give you some ideas via pm..... If you do start a game, tell me and if you want i can part time gm for you.... Or something.....
Heh, be my guest! Just be prepared for a lot of learning (from my mistakes) and testing.
----

Here's an idea for telekinesis.

Each power is basically a model of an electrical circuit. But only in the sense that there is work and voltage - in the case of telekinesis, work is like your 'focus' or how much stamina you put into the power - more work lets you do more complex things. Voltage on the other hand is pure push - every psion has a base level of voltage, and they can go beyond this with stamina expenditure. So a very high voltage, low work power, might cause somebody to explode and nothing else. To multi-task and make more than one person explode, you'd need more work.

The above might sound numbery, but it is for high level play after all.

Best of luck

Quote:
Crap, unless I can pull copy/paste from my clipboard (and I don't know how to do that), the data I typed here is lost. Thank this site's hobby of expiring my 'tolkens' whenever it's most convenient.
Thou shalt not work within the quick reply pad.
Thou shalt always use notepad for long posts, and copyeth thy material from it!