Semi-Experienced player saying hello! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Semi-Experienced player saying hello!

Semi-Experienced player saying hello!

I suppose an introduction is necessary? :P

Hello guys, I'm Meanmelter. I'm here for (Hopefully the same reason you are) playing DnD! I'm not that new or anything. I've played maybe about three games? None of which got really far, and whenever I make my character sheet I always feel like I'm doing something wrong, but hey! I understand the basics and whatnot. I say about the furthest I've gotten would be (sadly) my level 2 Halfling Cleric that I have on this site. I've had this account for awhile, and I've never really opened up into the community. It's just lately I feel like getting back into DnD.

Not too sure what kind of a campaign I want to join however... I think a nice little standard 3.5e would be nice. I know this isn't the place to really request a campaign, but I like talking :3
Hope to hear from someone soon...
...Or I'll make myself hear from someone soon

Post Edit: On the other hand, you guys DO have a ton of DnD themed games... Hnnng. So many. Star Wars, Star Gate, a ton I don't know what they're even about, and no doubt there is a 40K running around somewhere.

Hiya Meanmelter, and Welcome Aboard!
I'm sure you'll find a game you like, Myth Weavers caters well to the D&D crowd.
I know how you feel, I always think there MUST be mistakes in my sheet, the beauty of PbP is, a completed sheet is usually the last thing a GM is looking for, and most GMs and players are more than willing to help you out.

Hi Meanmelter, there are always dnd 3.5 games going.

The best way to get started is to get on and apply for some games, mention you're new to MW (GM's won't normally hold that against you )

As Xaviien stated, GM's are normally looking for a good concept / background / character that will fit their game rather then a completed character

And then if you are accepted into the game, there will be more then enough help to get your charcater's mechanics sorted :0

Good luck and welcome

NGP