What Movie should get a Reboot? - Page 6 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What Movie should get a Reboot?

The Last Unicorn. I liked that movie as a kid. It hasn't aged well, let's be honest. Put it in the hands of Pixar and let them have at.

ReBoot (coincidentally enough). Great cartoon. Fans have been petitioning for a remake/continuation for a decade now.

Actually, when I think about it, at least 80% of the cartoons made in the late 80s and early 90s. It was the golden age of North American animation. And the target audience is now in their 30s and likely have kids as old as they were when they loved the originals. I know I'd share the experience with MY daughter.

Also: can I second the remake of the first 3 star wars movies after Lucas is dead? And propose we take steps to... hasten... this glorious day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
Actually, when I think about it, at least 80% of the cartoons made in the late 80s and early 90s. It was the golden age of North American animation. And the target audience is now in their 30s and likely have kids as old as they were when they loved the originals. I know I'd share the experience with MY daughter.
We're getting those. Do Transformers and GI Joe get good marks?

Fir first Transformers was pretty good, although not mind blowing like Batman was. I haven't bothered to see GI Joe yet, heard the first one was rather blah.

I don't know if Pixar would actually do cartoon remakes. I mean, when you think about it, they come up with some of the best original movies in Hollywood right now - Incredibles is considered 2nd only to The Dark Knight for superhero movies (although this summer might push it down? Haven't seen either big ones this year yet). Up was critically acclaimed. Toy Story was mind-blowing, and kept you interested through three movies. PIXAR MAKES YOU BAWL LIKE A BABY!

Hey. I never said they'd do it. I was just saying that IF they did. They'd actually do it RIGHT.

Star Wars - seriously, I would love to see a sequel to the prequels. Imagine Ewan Mcgregaor and Hayden in the Vader suit with James Earl Jones voice actually fighting like their not barely able to move and using fragile fibreglass props. Sure it would sitck off the die hard fanboys as has been proven time and time again, those who complain loudest are the first in line to buy tickets and blue rays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
We're getting those. Do Transformers and GI Joe get good marks?

Fir first Transformers was pretty good, although not mind blowing like Batman was. I haven't bothered to see GI Joe yet, heard the first one was rather blah.
No, they don't get good marks. The
If I could make the words jump around on the screen like Bay's crappy cinemtography, I would.
TRANSMORPHERSHURDURR movies were almost as bad as The Last Airbender, and GI Joe barely qualifies as a "movie."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
The Last Unicorn. I liked that movie as a kid. It hasn't aged well, let's be honest. Put it in the hands of Pixar and let them have at.
I'm not sure I agree with that. Aside from the remastered artwork still being freaking gorgeous, and the music being fantastic, The Last Unicorn is definitely a darker tale, and with Pixar being run by Disney now I'm not sure we'd see justice done to the original work.

Man, I want to see ReBoot redone with updated CG. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Star Wars - seriously, I would love to see a sequel to the prequels. Imagine Ewan Mcgregaor and Hayden in the Vader suit with James Earl Jones voice actually fighting like their not barely able to move and using fragile fibreglass props. Sure it would sitck off the die hard fanboys as has been proven time and time again, those who complain loudest are the first in line to buy tickets and blue rays.
Actually, I'd love to see Star Wars redone, but not like that. I'd love to see a Star Wars that took advantage of today's cutting-edge animatronics, cinematography, and soundmixing. We don't need the crazy wacked-out lightsaber fighting of the prequels. What a lot of people don't recognize is that the "barely moving" fights of the originals are actually quite tense in their arrangement and choreography.

They derive from the Kendo tradition, throwing in a little samurai Iajutsu dueling. We're talking about fights that were decided by a single attack, not the Hollywood-style swashbuckling of PSCHEW! PSCHEW! PSCHEW! lightsaber clashing. I'd love to see a Star Wars that paid more attention to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
Actually, I'd love to see Star Wars redone, but not like that. I'd love to see a Star Wars that took advantage of today's cutting-edge animatronics, cinematography, and soundmixing. We don't need the crazy wacked-out lightsaber fighting of the prequels. What a lot of people don't recognize is that the "barely moving" fights of the originals are actually quite tense in their arrangement and choreography.

They derive from the Kendo tradition, throwing in a little samurai Iajutsu dueling. We're talking about fights that were decided by a single attack, not the Hollywood-style swashbuckling of PSCHEW! PSCHEW! PSCHEW! lightsaber clashing. I'd love to see a Star Wars that paid more attention to that.
Agreed - that first duel between Obi Wan and Vader is one of the most intense sword-fighting scenes in Western cinema.