That's All She Wrote for Syria? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

That's All She Wrote for Syria?

That's All She Wrote for Syria?

Well, Syria went and did something stupid even for it, and launched a mortar attack on Turkey. And Turkey didn't bother debating anything or going to the UN... it hit back.

But more importantly... If Turkey invokes Article 5 on this issue, NATO is at war with Syria.

It'll probably depend on how apologetic Syria is and if they decide to retaliate against the artillery shellings. If both governments decide to play nice then Syria can get back to its civil war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenas View Post
If only Syria's problems could be solved with its government forces getting crushed by NATO.
It never does seem to help anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Clamantis View Post
It never does seem to help anybody.
Helps NATO countries, conscious-wise

"Look: we did what you wanted us to do. Anything from this point on is your own damn fault."

Makes me wonder- was it the government who launched the attack or was it the rebels hoping to draw Turkey into the conflict...

From the little bit of information I've looked up on this so far, it seems as though both sides are overreacting and using this incident as an excuse to reignite old feuds. If anything, the news surrounding this will just bring it to the attention of the rest of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveroak View Post
Makes me wonder- was it the government who launched the attack or was it the rebels hoping to draw Turkey into the conflict...
It would seem unlikely that the rebels would attack the primary nation helping them out in this conflict, especially given that they have extremely little in the way of heavy firepower (and desperately need to point those resources towards Assad forces).