Dungeons and Dragons Online - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Hey all. I saw a post on here about WOW. I have not played WOW in a long time, back when 60 was capped. I was wondering if any of you played DDO. If so maybe this thread can be a place where we post our characters and servers and form sort of a Myth-Weavers network for DDO.

Right now I just started playing so I have a level 3 Cleric Font of Healing, on Argonessen (sp). If anyone is on that server and wants to hook up with a noob Id love to meet them in game.

I used to be very addicted to it But I have since let the subscription go since I never have the time to play it anymore, but I used to have a blast on there.

My issue right now is sometimes finding appropriate quests, and going solo for the most part, but I did Waterworks with a group which was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomonkey527 View Post
My issue right now is sometimes finding appropriate quests, and going solo for the most part, but I did Waterworks with a group which was fun.
Solo isn't nearly as fun as a party, I would only go through solo games if I had already played them and knew what to expect or when no one was looking for a group. I don't know if anyone has done WW solo though. I know I've gone through it seemingly a gazillion times, as you need to finish it to be able to go over to the Marketplace. That's where the quests start getting fun there. You start fighting hobgoblins, then trolls and giants, there's a few open ended ones there that you can walk around in and get ambushed every 50' or so.

Yeah I got into the Marketplace. I got some cool quests. This weekend they are doing 50% bonus exp so I imagine I shuld not have a problem finding groups especially as a Healbot cleric.

Every party wants a Healer But very few want a combat healer. Do you know how to set up your spells as hotkeys so you can heal faster and easier? You can stand in the back of combat, as long as you're not too far away or around a corner, and just steadily monitor the health of the party members, clicking on the ones that need healing, and using the hotkey to cast one of your Cure spells ... You'll get many Thanks for doing that. Remember too that your Cure spells are fairly ineffective against Warforged, they work but only a slight percentage of full healing.

Wow, I just went to your profile and saw your birthday is 3 days from mine (same year too), and is also my 18th anniversary with my wife

Don't know if this will help, but if you are interested in a permadeath guild. DDO is has a couple. If you have never tried it, it is amazingly fun. I was in the Sublime on Thelanis. I just checked and they are still there...haha, I still have a couple toons in their cemetary.

Sollister

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallin1309 View Post
Every party wants a Healer But very few want a combat healer. Do you know how to set up your spells as hotkeys so you can heal faster and easier? You can stand in the back of combat, as long as you're not too far away or around a corner, and just steadily monitor the health of the party members, clicking on the ones that need healing, and using the hotkey to cast one of your Cure spells ... You'll get many Thanks for doing that. Remember too that your Cure spells are fairly ineffective against Warforged, they work but only a slight percentage of full healing.

Wow, I just went to your profile and saw your birthday is 3 days from mine (same year too), and is also my 18th anniversary with my wife
Cool on the birthday. Yeah I have been using he hotkeys. s for anniversaries my fifth year wedding anniversary comes on March 20th.

My B-day is the 6th, our 18th anniversary is the 9th, and her B-day is the 13th

Something that will help you in DDO is joining Guilds. Sollister mentioned it, and I forgot. But a guild will give you magic items and stuff for free. Once their characters get high enough level, they start banking their magic items to give to low levelers in the Guild later. So at 1st level, you can go to a Guild member and ask for any spare stuff they have , and most of the time, they're quite happy to give it to you for free; not to mention they will give you money since they often times have millions of gold.