Shadowrun Returns - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Shadowrun Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Have you not heard about this?

Screw the FPS, Enemy Unknown sure looks like the real thing to me.
Get it? They used the main title of the US version and the Subtitle of the European version!

Anyway, that looks like it could be good. Or not. I'm really not sure what to think of it. It kinda seems like 2K were just like,

"Wow, lots of people are really annoyed that we turned XCOM into an FPS. I bet we could get more money from them if we made a turn based game! But how does one make such a thing? Surely no real developer would do something so unprofitable in this modern era? Wait, I know, those guys who do Civ make turn based games which are exactly like XCOM as far as I care, and make lots of money somehow too. Let's put them on the job!"

I've been the fly on the proverbial wall in board room meetings, and that's not qualitatively different from some of the arguments I've heard. Execs really are that banal.

Nearly to a mill. 125 bucks and up gets you a Shadowrun USB Dog tag with the games on it, and a bunch of other goodies.

I threw in my lot, as well as with Wasteland 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Have you not heard about this?

Screw the FPS, Enemy Unknown sure looks like the real thing to me.
Thanks for the pointer. I'd given up on this so long ago I'd stopped looking, heh. As long as its true to the original in concept and is a good game I'll pick this one up. I like what it looks like so far.

Anyone keeping watch on the kickstarter? New update about a Shadowrun Universe website to go up, created by all of the current Shadowrun game creators of the different mediums.

They hit $1.5 million. Their final bit of incentive is the Adept, which they've promised to add at $1.75 million.

I doubt they'll hit that target, but damn. It'd be cool if they did. Adepts are kickass.

1.76 million dollars for a 2d old-school RPG game is a huge amount of money, even in this day and age. They really should just include the Adept even if they don't make it to that next goal. With such a small staff at HBS and out-sourcing, which I expect them to do a bunch of, they should have more than enough to do this.
Unless they plan on living entirely off of the donated funds as paychecks and work solely on SRR.