Titanium Turtles - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Titanium Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnistar View Post
You are limited in the number of healing surges you can use.

Does it prevent others from healing them?
It prevents them from using them so if the power uses one of your own to heal its fine, but if it uses one of theirs to heal(Many warlord powers are "ally may spend a healing surge") then its not fine. Then again, if the night hag gets a hold of a character that heals using its own healing surges that character cant heal others either.

I know you are limited in the number of healing surges you can use per day, but not letting someone use them is a pretty hefty penalty.

Only a very small set of abilities allow you to heal another character, and they're usually daily powers and less efficient than allowing someone to use a healing surge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithobi1 View Post
Only a very small set of abilities allow you to heal another character, and they're usually daily powers and less efficient than allowing someone to use a healing surge.
Off the top of my head, Lay on Hands and Healing Words allow someone to be healed by either a warrior's surge or their own, and and together let you do it four times a day.

Compared to damage-dealing powers, it's small. But if you look at Leader types (who are supposed to be the healers) there's a more than generous selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
Yes, and where pray tell is this real damage coming from?
I'm just not seeing it.
All right. Allow me to explain. You've got your 16th level soldier Death Hag (actually, the death hag is a 18th level soldier).

Putting that error aside, lets assume, for simplicity, that the characters are also at 18th level and they are a party of five. That means that the Death Hag is 1/5th of the encounter. You've also got 8,000 xp worth of other foes to fight. Lets add some more enemies, then. Perhaps the Hag is working with some Cyclops friends of hers (Maybe they're her pawns, I dunno), so we'll throw in a couple cyclops Battleweavers (costing 1,600 xp each), and a Cylops Impaler (costing 1,000 xp).

We've still got 3,800 xp to spend. So, lets say the cyclops's had some help from animal friends and give the Cyclops Battleweavers a Boar buddy each. 2 Thunderfury Boars at 1,200 each leaves us with 1,400 xp to spend on minions (specifically, 4 Cyclops Warriors at 350 xp each).

So, We have:
our "titanium turtle" Death Hag (11 damage on average a turn each)
2 Cyclops Battleweavers (11 damage on average a turn each)
2 Thunderfury Boars (15 damage on average a turn each)
1 Cyclops Impaler (11 damage on average a turn each)
and 4 Cyclops Warriors (8 damage until they've been destroyed each)

Not counting special abilities or the Boars' extra damage when bloodied, that seems like real damage to me. Especially if the healing of the party has been impaired.