4 out of 5 DM's Do not like this PRC - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

4 out of 5 DM's Do not like this PRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
True. So not quite free. Of course, you do cast at one level higher after you stick 15 lbs of sand in your bag of holding. So all you're losing is one level worth of spells per day. A significant cost, yes, but not prohibitive considering the gain.
Casting level, but not spell level

Just to clarify that point, especially if you prc into anything else that may lose levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
True. So not quite free. Of course, you do cast at one level higher after you stick 15 lbs of sand in your bag of holding. So all you're losing is one level worth of spells per day. A significant cost, yes, but not prohibitive considering the gain.
Delayed acquisition of new spell levels. Know how a sorcerer is usually one level behind the wizard, cleric, and druid? Now he's two levels behind. That's mathematically twice as much. Lots of new spells is good and all, but it does not outweight the fact that you don't have, say, Dispel Magic around when you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolfer View Post
@snake you mean walls that make it hard for arrows to reach them?
I mean walls that can be constructed in -5 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly.

Am still confused, I know you can make a wall in a full action turn as a oh $%#$% button, but what do you mean you can make a wall 5 miniutes before you ever intend to?

The time necessary to create an item is a number of minutes equal to the DC.

The DC to create 1cubic foot is -5 (2 cubic feet is 0, so don't say it's a typo).

You do the math.

-_-, so you are saying that sand shapers, are prince of Persia ability to shape time?

I think it just reverts to 0 making it a move action or such.

Meh, it's only up 1 tier. It sounds like a fun class to me. And honestly, it's not that hard to say negative time is just instant. It's kinda obvious.