Quick questions and answers - Page 1023 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

I was starting to sense something was up when I saw that some stuff had Balance rating mechanics and publishing accreditation etc. I'll make sure to check for those in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
Based on my reading of the TempHP rules in the PHB4e:
Nothing about the rules for TempHP would suggest that damage that happens to be insufficient to spill over into your 'actual' HP wouldn't count as having taken damage.

If a thing happens when you take damage, it happens even if that damage is entirely absorbed by TempHP.
Does that apply even to characters not trained in acrobatics?

If a thing happens when you take damage, it happens even if that damage is entirely absorbed by TempHP.

D&D 3.X/PF question.

Does flanking undead still take away their Dex bonus to AC, even though they're immune to SA and crits?

This would be a 3.5 question, since undead are no longer immune to critical hits or sneak attack in Pathfinder (a welcome change, imo).

Flanking doesn't remove Dex to AC. It grants a +2 bonus to attack rolls to the flankers. It's also a separate effect from SA or crits: Flanking enables the former, but has nothing to do with the latter.

Ahh I see now. For some reason over time I just came to associate SA with no DEX bonus, applying that subconsciously to flanking as well. Thanks!

As a side note - undead can still lose their Dex to AC anyway. You're losing your Dex bonus because you're surprised and so can't dodge; they're not immune to that, only to the sneak attacks actually dealing more damage.

I have a question. I once attempted to GM a game, but then my depression and life issues got the better of me, and I kind of dropped off of everywhere and everything for a while. I'm thinking about trying to resurrect the game at some point (maybe not right away... I have a lot of stuff coming up in July, so I'm thinking maybe mid-August or so). ANYWAY, my question is this...

Should I request to unarchive the game or should I just start a new game?

Both. You're not very likely to get even half of your original players back, and that would mean you'll need an ad anyway to fill the empty spots. However, there's no reason to let your threads from before go to waste. Unarchive the forum, sort the irrelevant threads into an archive subfolder or something and repost an ad.