October 2011 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Writers' Guild

A community for writers of all genres to hone our craft, with monthly exercises, challenges, and collaborative writing. Open to anyone who enjoys writing!

October 2011

October 2011

Horror!

Like everyone else (so to speak), I'm tainted by Hallowe'en in most everything I do during the month of October. This month's exercise is to convey horror in whatever form you prefer, in 1000 words or less, no minimum. It can be any variety of horror. Gore splattered is just as acceptable as psychological or any other kind. The reader, though, should find themselves thinking it's creepy, gross, disturbing, or some similar sort of adjective along those lines. It can be a person, place, thing, action, situation, or really anything that is horrifying.

I suggest going for a horror type that is outside your personal comfort zone, but that is not at all required. Comments about actual horror value of submissions are welcome, but keep it constructive and explain yourself.

On a side note I just got done with a scene in my game that was commented as being the "most horrific RP scene and likely would stay at the top of the heap for some time". It was good times I had considered rewriting it up for the exercise but it was way more than 1000 words.

I'll go ahead and enter something here that I wrote for one of my current games: Dark Psyche. I had never run a really dark game before and so far it's been really successful. This is just under 1000 words and is a scene depicting.... when things go bad with psychics.

Hello! I'm returning to MW after a bit away and would like to start participating in the writing stuff. It looks like it's a 1000 word short story, posted here?

Prey

So here's what I whipped up. Maybe not the most original, but I don't usually do straight up horror, so this was a nice change of pace, especially with All Hallow's Eve coming up. Now I just need to do a monster/serial killer movie marathon and I'll be all set.

I also put it here:
http://temporalsword.dyndns.org/blog/?p=130