Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons - Tiamat now has stats - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons - Tiamat now has stats

Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons - Tiamat now has stats

Level 35 Solo Brute with 5 Action Points (1 per round) and 5 actions per round that can only be killed after doing certain quests, anyone?

The book is much better than I expected all in all, MANY different ways to variate even the basic chromatics.

Wow, can only be killed after certain quests? That sounds like my anti-minion concept.

Grab your aluminum foil hat, Farland.

Or stop posting good ideas to public forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMorganes View Post
Grab your aluminum foil hat, Farland.
I knew they had a mechanism to tap into my brain waves.

But seriously, I am going to have to pick up the Draconomicon. It sounds pretty cool.

I guess I need that to...Already have people begging me to get Martial Power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farland View Post
Wow, can only be killed after certain quests? That sounds like my anti-minion concept.
To be exact, if you bloody a deity without fulfilling the 'killing quest', they discorporate (leave their physical form) for a time determined by the DM; at the very least several months, at the very most three years. If the 'killing quest' conditions are satisfied the deity just becomes bloodied as normal and can't discorporate.

An example quest is to kill five different ancient dragons of the chromatic variety (one of each color; and one must have been or is currently a consort of Tiamat) and fashion weapons from their bones and scales; only by wearing or using these items can they destroy Tiamat.

Oh and deities cannot be attacked by characters lower than level 20. It says it's 'literally beyond their capability to affect.'

I like the way they made the deities in this - killable, but obviously incredibly difficult to do so. The book has a lot of flavor that goes into how dragons work and a lot of different dragons, though I find they go on a little too long with dragon lairs (74 pages which could really have been shortened). It's a 255-page book though so that's still worth the buy if you don't like pre-generated lairs. For an idea of the variety of monsters in the book, there are at least two monsters given for every level going from 1 all the way up to 29.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Mongler View Post
I like the way they made the deities in this - killable, but obviously incredibly difficult to do so. The book has a lot of flavor that goes into how dragons work and a lot of different dragons, though I find they go on a little too long with dragon lairs (74 pages which could really have been shortened). It's a 255-page book though so that's still worth the buy if you don't like pre-generated lairs. For an idea of the variety of monsters in the book, there are at least two monsters given for every level going from 1 all the way up to 29.
Hmmm. I may have to pick it up after all then...

As a point, Tiamat had stats in 3.5... admittedly, she was a deity with an insane number of powers and stuff, but she had stats and could be killed by more or less any epic caster.