The Walking Dead - Season 3 - Page 11 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead - Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
What do you say to all those fans of Star Wars that can't stand Jar Jar? Does it bug you that they are fans (and fan-boys) but they also negatively rip on the franchise because of this character? Or that they rip on Lucas for ruining the franchise with the prequel trilogy?
Jar Jar is the exception that proves the rule.

And arguably, Episode 3 is second only to Empire for favorite movie of the 6. The Ewoks kinda kill Jedi.

So I just watched last weeks episode today. Heard so many people talk about how emotional and captivating it was, but I just thought it was was okay. Certainly not horrible, but I would still rank most of season 1 above it.

Glad Lori died. Her character was stupid and should have died from one of her idiotic mistakes ages ago. Kinda sucks T-Dog died. Wasn't in it that much, but at least he didn't pull some of the bonehead moves that some of the others that are still alive have done (I'm looking at you Carl). Also thought it would have been an interesting showdown between Meryl and T-Dog whenever the group reunites.

Definitely tired of Andrea's crap. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread they've basically ruined her character. Also some of the glaring holes in reality bothered me. Biggest one was when Lori goes into labor, has contractions, but they stop just long enough for her to have a heartfelt and teary eyed good-bye with Carl as walkers are roaming around the boiler room with on latching mechanism? And then afterwards, the baby only cries for a moments so you know it's alive and then it's quite as Carl and Maggie avoid the walkers until they reunite with the group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post

Definitely tired of Andrea's crap. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread they've basically ruined her character. Also some of the glaring holes in reality bothered me. Biggest one was when Lori goes into labor, has contractions, but they stop just long enough for her to have a heartfelt and teary eyed good-bye with Carl as walkers are roaming around the boiler room with on latching mechanism? And then afterwards, the baby only cries for a moments so you know it's alive and then it's quite as Carl and Maggie avoid the walkers until they reunite with the group?
So I need to watch my storyline for idiotic actions? Meanwhile, Garcia is backing up the truck at Amy in the jeep while a THOUSAND walkers turn and think, "LUNCHTIME!"

How would a pointy broadsword (instead of a katana) work as a zombie-apocalypse wanderer's melee weapon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
How would a pointy broadsword (instead of a katana) work as a zombie-apocalypse wanderer's melee weapon?
A bit heavy. Gotta worry about encumbrance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
A bit heavy. Gotta worry about encumbrance...
Two to three pounds on average? I had in mind a one handed sword.

I don't watch end-of-episode previews, so I don't have any idea what they have planned for this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
I don't watch end-of-episode previews, so I don't have any idea what they have planned for this week.
I'm predicting... the dead will still walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
I've been thinking that it would work better than the katana. Close in the pommel can crush a skull, cross guards can puncture a skull too. This would be my go to zombie killer. This is what I have in my anti-zombie arsenal. Though, admittedly a Del Tin, not an Albion. I want a shiny Albion badly.