What's Your Playstyle Preference - 1st or 3rd Person? - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

What's Your Playstyle Preference - 1st or 3rd Person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
I tend to switch up my style depending on what type of character I'm playing and what sort of a world they're. For example, some time ago I was playing in a PBEM game in which I was playing a noir detective set in the 1930s. I was 1st Person all the way in that game, and my posts were largely composed of him actually talking to himself in his head.
Grim, that is chock full of awesome!

I generally write in Third person, present tense.

I will write in Third person, past tense if the DM has put up a wall of text covering a few days / hours / events for the players to write their responses to.

I'm in one game where there are HUGE amounts of walls of text as the DM is very trusting of his players and will often post a full day of events leaving us to write responses from NPC's / modify the way things happened slightly / interact with NPC's we bring into the game / etc

I think third person is easier for others to read, and I understand that by writing in third person, the Player puts themselves in a story telling role about their character.

In tabletop games I use First person, present tense as I am that character at the table.

I have played a game on MW in First person, present tense as it was Geo-political, with the players not actually meeting -- and it felt completely natural RPing in First Person as it was mainly RP'ing, not much combat to worry about.

As for thought processe, they are all first person, present tense -- though serious "thinking" is in private text for the DM only.