Jedi equipment - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Jedi equipment

You need to make a heavy weapon that fires cortosis rounds, and then announce truthfully that "It costs 400 thousand dollars to fire this weapon for 12 seconds."
You may want to call it Sasha.

Cortosis was so brittle a pure ore wouldn't do well in the stress of a firing chamber, probably would turn to powder. The Cortosis-alloy was enough to resist lightsabers but too diluted to short one out.
It looks like you have two properties that make it very hard to believe a slug would work.

You don't need the round to be made of cortosis, only to incorporate a layer of cortosis in it. Like the layers of an onion - metal outer shell, cortosis layer, metal core. The cortosis layer gets exposed when it contacts lightsaber, shorting out the 'saber, and then it impacts the Jedi and functions much like frangible ammunition - and that, my friend, is a feature, not a bug.

It's a good idea, I'm just saying it's debatable how much Cortosis you need to contact since it has been shown that small amounts do not work.

Even if it doesn't short, surviving it is good enough - a Jedi with a bullet hole in him is not a happy Jedi.

There's nothing to say cortosis will pass through an active saber blade. The fact is that it used to make weapons specifically that can block them.
If you want to get past a ligjtsaber don't you just use shrapnel, burst effects or sonic?

Hm, you're right. Thinky-brain fail on my part - the lightsaber would most likely just block the bullet, not have it pass through. The evidence listed only suggests it'd block, nothing about passing through.

In which case, I think it's just going back to the jacketed pure cortosis round. Being that the game doesn't list a minimum required amount, I'd say that it's reasonable to assume a large-caliber bullet does the job. The only information we really have is the Jedi Counseling I quoted, but that was for the d20 version of the game, not Saga.

Wow - this is a very fun and interesting thread! But to un-hijack it for a moment and answer the OP, I don't think there's much in the way of equipment. But with an all-Jedi build, at level 4 you'd have two talents. And that includes Force talents, in the Force section of the Core book. And DR 10 is your FRIEND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiepedia Lightsaber entry
When cutting through dense material, the immense electromagnetic field generated by the arc caused resistance rather than letting solid matter enter and interrupt the arc. This gave the blade a feeling of being solid when immersed in dense material. Rarely, some solid materials could actually pass through the electromagnetic field and short out the arc. Other electromagnetic energy fields and coherent energy were also repelled by lightsabers' arcs. These include most force fields, blaster bolts, and other lightsaber blades.
to me this means that any slug fired by a standard slugthrower would be deflected rather then vaporized by the electromagnetic field that encases the focused plasma of lightsaber blade. Very few materials could pass through this field or even interrupt the plasma circuit (The only two being Pure Cortosis and water).