Avatar: Legend of Korra - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Ohhh, yeah that. Yeah, that's something that I'm surprised took this long to come up, honestly.

I might be of small minority, but I thought that the last season of LoK was the best one. Not by huge margin thou. I loved the way the table was turned. Its easy to be hero, when you have single goal in mind (like TLA was against Fire Nation) but what then? People get bored of hero, when there is no enemy, and start to blame hero for not doing this and that, when everyday life turns against them.

I would love to see Korra team up with the Red Lotus, and actually bring change to the world. Maybe not too radical change, as the Red Lotus wants, but something earth shaking anyway.

Well Greyfeld, you also have to consider that Avatar is on Nickelodeon. Its a kids channel. The show can't get too dark. Korra has certainly been pushing the boundaries, which is cool. So to see Zaheer suffocate the Queen was certainly one of those boundary pushers.

I love the way Dimartino and the other, can't remember his name, have been artfully and tactfully dealing with very adult issues in such a manner as to still keep the show "kid friendly". Yet keeping us older more mature fans engaged. Not that its needed, as Last Airbender proved. It had a few adult themes, but was mostly a lightweight show that glossed over a lot.

Just finished S3 and it was really good. However, there are far too many characters and too little screen time for each. Even Korra felt shoved to the sidelines for some parts.

Still, Zaheer was a pretty awesome villain, and the series dealt with a lot of complex issues without ever slowing down. Great action sequences, and I think lavabending is definitely OP!

I'm glad they at least brought lavabending up. All throughout the first and second series, I wondered what lava would count as, and if anyone had ever bent it. Before Korra season 3 the only person shown controlling lava was Avatar Roku, so I wondered if they intended it to be a fire-based element.