No! Bad Disney! Not Yours! - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

No! Bad Disney! Not Yours!

Evil I'm ok with, copyright laws are so jacked up I doubt they'll ever make sense. I'm talking about what Disney might be capable of doing with Star Wars or D&D, I just assume creative, intelligent people will be savagely beaten, torn to pieces, then consumed by Mickey Mouse in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblor View Post
Evil I'm ok with, copyright laws are so jacked up I doubt they'll ever make sense. I'm talking about what Disney might be capable of doing with Star Wars or D&D, I just assume creative, intelligent people will be savagely beaten, torn to pieces, then consumed by Mickey Mouse in the process.
I'm confused by this.. Has this happened a lot?

The big thing I keep looking at with these announcements is Marvel, as that was a similar acquisition.. I've yet to see Iron Man break out his "Mickey Suit".. I know I mentioned the "Mickey Mouse Planeswalker" earlier, but I was honestly joking..

I think we should all go watch Avengers again, just to remind us that Disney doesn't screw up IPs that bad.. If they work "Disney magic" on Star Wars and D&D like they did with Marvel, I think we could get something awesome.

I will say that in my opinion, such greed by any company is blatantly gluttonous and wrong. As far as I'm concerned, what a non-company related project an employee works on during his non-working hour is NONE of the company's business. ESPECIALLY if they can just take it and claim it as their own.

Now, if they were to say, hey we'll market this for you as our own product, giving you credit for it's creation and a worthwhile royalty, I'd actually consider something like this. But without some reward for my own damn hard work, the only thing any company like that would get from me is the middle finger and a stream of profanitized verbal assaults.

Of course, I've always been the rebel buccaneer