What metal does the Weave enjoy? - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What metal does the Weave enjoy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Besides what has been mentioned, I enjoy metal punk like Suicidal Tendencies, Strung Out and Pour Habit.

Also, I have a fondness for Metal covers of songs like August Burns Red's version of Hit Me Baby One More Time.

OH, and loungified metal done by Richard Cheese... does that count?
Ahhh, Suicidal Tendencies...that takes me back. Richard Cheese is also quite fun, but probably too Vegas to still qualify as metal.

And wonderful for surgical tools and implants!

Just discovered Diablo Swing Orchestra. It's like listening to music again for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
Just discovered Diablo Swing Orchestra. It's like listening to music again for the first time.
Good stuff, thanks for telling us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
sorry, no thanks.

DSO is one of the most original bands I've ever heard recently. They make a mixture of impossible genders and guess what? They do it well. Also, the band's "history" is awesome to read (dunno if it is real or not though).

Does anyone here know Aquaplanage - ode to the grey mornings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4yne View Post
They make a mixture of impossible genders and guess what? They do it well.
I think you mean genres, unless there's something about their music I don't know about

I'm really not much of a metalhead, but I'll share what I do like:

I second the person who mentioned Dream Theater!
Along those line, Mike Portnoy has some other stuff he's doing and it's all well worth the listen (especially if you like his work with Dream Theater)

Pain of Salvation might be my favorite band, period.

Coheed & Cambria, somehow not yet mentioned in this thread?!

Oh, and of course: Iron Maiden.

But I admit, I like strong, unique vocals as well as strong instruments. Screams and growls are generally not for me.

I know a lot of my metalhead friends like King Crimson. And I've liked what little I've heard of Nightwish (previously mentioned by someone else).

Hope it helps