What is Bliss? - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What is Bliss?

Bliss is your index finger aching because of the amount of time you've spent on the computer over 3 days.
Bliss is getting out your favourite movie and watching it again, and again, and again...
Perhaps I'm speaking from limited experience, but bliss is unconditional, passionate love, and all the awesome stuff that comes with that.

Quote:
Perhaps I'm speaking from limited experience, but bliss is unconditional, passionate love, and all the awesome stuff that comes with that.
Receiving maybe - giving unconditional passionate love blows chunks, especially if the receiver does not meet your conditions.

Didn't you watch Star Wars? Giving unconditional love will turn you to the dark side.

Ah bliss. Can a human being truly achieve bliss, of their own accord? It seems to me that true bliss is indeed ignorance. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge regarding a certain subject/event/whatever. Therefore, if you are ignorant of all negative events, you would be happy forever ,right?

What makes me happy? Typically what makes many people happy. Playing/listening to music, gaming,sports,friends,companions/lovers, peacful summer afternoons, BSing with buds,etc,etc.

Beer....football....Steelers winning the super bowl....the feel of impact as a punch hits a heavy bag directly on target...oh, and....er, the wife, of course.

I have recently redefined bliss, upon utilising a new invention over the easter break. Bliss is TiVo and TiVo is Bliss. They are joined as one, in a matrimony both holy and unholy, both blessed and cursed, for TiVo is a gift from the gods as much as a temptuous sin sent from the nine hells. It is up to the user to keep the balance...

I think my definition of bliss would be spending a spring afternoon with the one you loved and with the person that loves you, out in a state park, just walking around and enjoying the artwork of God. Just a perfect peaceful moment in time that you wish could last for ever.

Quote:
I think my definition of bliss would be spending a spring afternoon with the one you loved and with the person that loves you, out in a state park, just walking around and enjoying the artwork of God. Just a perfect peaceful moment in time that you wish could last for ever.
Wow...got mine beat. You sound like a greeting card or something.

S'interesting.

Most folk ain't looking to find bliss within themselves.

S'all "Lover this" and "Snuggling" that.

Heck, Ryator needs a whole two football teams for bliss...

Not really going anywhere with this, but s'interesting.

Many people's definitions of Bliss are different, depending on how they feel inside, and what peaks their interests. Football for some and long walks on the beach for others. Both, for those people, defines bliss, however to others, may just define enjoyment. Bliss cannot entirely be defined, as their are millions of different views of how it should be, resulting in no definite result to what is ACTUALLY is.

Bliss is sitting down on the bank of the river, with the sun shining, the birds chirping, and being able to forget, however briefly, that you have finals you should be studying for. Especially when the sun comes out from behind a cloud, and you can just sit and relax for a minute. Little in this world compares