What is Bliss? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What is Bliss?

What is Bliss?

This is simple. It is me, as of right now this moment, living as I am, knowing how lucky and graced by my God that I am, to enter this moment a full woman satiated in every complete way a soul can be sated by another. Even the trials of an absense I know I will never fill pales to this light. I pay my homage to humility, say a prayer, and feel that we are truly one of the few.

Seven years marriage, this month, and the glow of the first has not faded.

I could say it no more perfectly than this song quote from Vienna Teng:

Quote:
So we just hold on fast
acknowledge the past
as lessons exquisitely crafted
painstakingly drafted
to carve us as instruments
that play the music of life
for we don't realize
our faith in the prize
unless it's been somehow elusive
how swiftly we choose it
the sacred simplicity
of you at my side
And so I do not turn this whole thread into a sole congratulatory to me & hubby, what is your own definition of happiness? What does it take to make you fulfilled?

I think bliss is being with the person you love, being in a good mood, have them in a good mood. joking and teasing each other. NOT having to be anywhere and do anything. Just kicking back on a weekend, with warm coffee, and joking.

Its ok if the girl is a call girl too, you can RENT your bliss by the hour!!!

( smile). I hope you find that funny, its killing me, but im old and sick. sorry.

Dr. Darrell.

Bliss is still being able to smirk at the end of the day, because as clever as everyone else thinks they are, you were still right.

I am always right, from that one could concieve that I am always in a state of bliss.

I love my life.

Bliss is devouring an arseload of chocolatey goodness in order to celebrate the death of a street magician*.

*He could also have been the son of God. Opinions differ.

It happened again.

I was right.

Damn, life just keeps on with it's same monotonous level of awesome.

If for some reason I am ever wrong, my back-up bliss is Miss H.

One day we'll get over this whole platonic crap and sleep together, and a fine day it will be.

Bliss is . . . moonlit walks, Sunday afternoons, playing footsy under the table while eating dinner with my parents, naps, sipping wine on a blanket in front of the fireplace, holding hands while we sleep, snuggling, waking up to the feeling of breath on the back of my neck, kisses--lots and lots of kisses . . . and patient, selfless, tender, passionate (almost desperate) intimacy.

I wake up early every Saturday morning, and as I lie there in the bed, I press my eyes shut tight and pretend that we’re 35 and that we’ve been together for longer than we’ve been apart . . . and that it’s going to last forever.

Bliss is watching the Woodstock DVD, followed by Apocalypse Now and just sitting there with friend or family, mostly silent. Reading a book you like, sweetly losing yourself in its pages and falling asleep with comfortingly cool music in your ears, eyes closing like the final scene of a play, so elegantly and so naturally. And to wake up late, and see the sun shining through your window. Picking up your guitar and strumming away.

Hopefully, one of these days, I'll add my lover to that list, she's still waiting for me out there though.

Bliss is seeing that first smile on your girlfriends face once you have calmed her down because she didn't know where she was. Knowing that she is going to be ok even though the accident scene looked horrible. Bliss is being able to hold her in my arms again because the doctors finally let her go home. Bliss is ever second that we spend together. Bliss is realizing you still have it all.