Evolution - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Evolution

Evolution

Here we get to have a branchoff converstaion, as this is yet another very happenin' subject.

Evolution, Fact or Fantasy.

Discuss

Fact.

Life has changed since we have been here on this planet. Even believing that Adam and Eve were the first and only humans... why are people different colors now?

Well, I darenot say it is a fact, because the word fact might be shred to pieces by someone

However, I do entirely believe in the process of evolution. Out of all the explanations out there of why's and how's of parts of this world, the theory of evolution leaves my mind the least unrest.

I have always wondered why it is so hard for people to realize that evolution could be a process God put into place?

Amnistar, perhaps you should define what you mean by evolution. There are different ways to look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernworthy
I have always wondered why it is so hard for people to realize that evolution could be a process God put into place?
Adam and Eve were functioning human beings and nto apes. UNless your implying that because they were made in God's image, God is an ape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthyo
Adam and Eve were functioning human beings and nto apes. UNless your implying that because they were made in God's image, God is an ape?

I consider the part about humans being made in god's image to be quite arrogant of mankind and perhaps missunderstood.

Ah, I'm sorry. Let us clarify then. There are 2 types of evolution commonly discussed, Micro and Macro evolution. Each having their own arguments. Are both true? Only one? Why do you think so?

Biologists don't distinguish between "Micro" and "Macro". Both are just considered "Evolution", which I believe is true.