The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

The Myth-Weavers GM Rescue Society

http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17699 Earth 2020, fantasy set in modern times. No firearms operate, technology is dead. The world has warped.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17616 Dawn of the Dead, the zombie apocalypse has arrived! High intrigue High combat.

The two above games are still needing replacements. I don't want to leave the players disappointed. They are a great bunch! Great roleplayers and great players in general.

The Island of Sorcery was an ambitious start for a game from a DM that disappeared shortly into the game. A friend of mine, Geshko, tried taking over soon after he disappeared, but he was overwhelmed with both the amount of players the original DM had accepted along with real life. If we could find someone to rejuvenate this game, I would be extremely grateful. The game itself had a very interesting concept, and I was really enjoying exploring the character I was playing.

I'm throwing out a line to see if anyone would be willing to take over this game: Cobra Reborn. Its using the Cortex System, set present day in the GI Joe Universe. Our GM vanished with no word back on Jan 23rd and hasnt signed onto the site since. (I know he sadly left behind a Star Trek game as well in the lurch) I've also tried emailing him directly through the sites email option, with negative results. We've discussed waiting until at least the end of the month before we fully decide what we want to do but I would like to start the ball rolling early before interest dies among the group.

Scales of War: Emerging from Shadow is in trouble (again).

I took it over from Sillaric, and now find myself unable to properly devote the time to running it. Quarterpound has indicated he'll consider taking the players into his recently-posted SoW game, but I think the guys would prefer to continue on in this one.

If anyone wants to take over as head GM, please post your interest [here] ... but be quick. The game may implode if everyone decides to jump ship for Quarterpound's game.

Home Sweet Stronghold needs a new DM. Three factions of players (good, neutral, and evil) all have taken over strongholds and seek to expand their keeps to dominate the surrounding area. There were hints that the players would have to join forces against a greater threat and plenty of good background between players of all alignments.

Thanks to anyone who considers taking this on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneDesperado View Post
I'm throwing out a line to see if anyone would be willing to take over this game: Cobra Reborn. Its using the Cortex System, set present day in the GI Joe Universe. Our GM vanished with no word back on Jan 23rd and hasnt signed onto the site since. (I know he sadly left behind a Star Trek game as well in the lurch) I've also tried emailing him directly through the sites email option, with negative results. We've discussed waiting until at least the end of the month before we fully decide what we want to do but I would like to start the ball rolling early before interest dies among the group.
Was going to post to this thread about the Star Trek game that is mentioned above... We have a good set of players with great characters, and could really use a new GM if anyone is familiar with the Decipher ST RPG system?

Also, I rescued a D&D 3.5 game a long while ago when our DM let us know he was going to be going poof in advance... I've done my best to keep the game going in the time since but lately, with my own medical issues to worry about, I haven't been able to give the game the work it needs to keep going. I've considered dropping it a few times, and I may at some point need someone to take over for me. I'm being stubborn and plan on trying to finish out at least the current adventure first, though.

I'm seeking a GM for my Heroes from Beyond the Pale game. It's very well-established (has been running continually for over 2 years now). Two of the players have been with me for 2+ years. I have a job-obligation the next 6-9 months that prevents me from devoting adequate GM-time to the game (though I'd like to continue contributing as a player controlling the PC named Edrik. My requirements for the rescue-GM are that they continue to utilize the same game system and House Rules, and that routine Advancement Points be awarded for player participation (primarily, in the form of regular IC posting).

I'm willing to transfer the GM-position entirely. The rescue-GM, if players like the way s/he GMs, will retain the option to keep the GM position, even after I no longer have job obligations preventing my GMship, provided that they continue to allow my participation as a player-character.

The game already has ample background material, and I'm available to discuss plot twists/ideas with the rescue GM.

Hello everyone!

We need a replacement GM for this game: Children of Gygax. Our DM completely vanished on us and, though I tried to keep the game going as a DM myself, it turns out I couldn't do it after all. It's a D&D game taking place in modern day Chicago. The scenario is pretty much open-ended right now, and anyone willing to move this forward would have my deepest gratitude.

EDIT: It's 3.5, not 4e, guys. Don't worry.

Just popping in here to say that I might be able to handle some of the more indy-style games (FATE, etc) and Shadowrun stuff.