Cafe Random, the place for Random Chat! - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Writers' Guild

A community for writers of all genres to hone our craft, with monthly exercises, challenges, and collaborative writing. Open to anyone who enjoys writing!

Cafe Random, the place for Random Chat!

Long time, no see, Guild members. I have returned (regularly, I hope).

Brief rundown of what's kept me away: School and Christmas. (Told you it was brief.) As it turned out, I had no time for NaNo. On the bright side, I'm editing my sci-fi novel and having a blast getting everything figured out.

Happy 2010 you guys. We're all going to be even more awesome by the end of this year than we are now.

Shannon, that's an awesome New Year wish. ^^

By the way, both books I'm reading are filled with interesting exercises. I can start a thread now, or we could make this into a month's challenge.

Started my morning with a rejection slip for a piece of flash I submitted.

I've already resubmitted it to another market, and off I go quite happily.

I think I'll put my first chapter up in my folder fairly soon, within a week. I'll use private tags and try to include anyone that wants to check it out. I'll put everyone in there that tends to post somewhat often, but if I forget you and you want to check it out please let me know.

I'd like to read it when you post it, but you <cough> don't have to add me to the private tag list. <grin>

So. My resubmission steeled me for the upcoming slips apparently. I'm working on editing and polishing a piece I finished in draft 1 (and the epilogue to the book I worked on for NaNo, but a stand-alone piece). My goal is to have it done by the end of the week and ready for a couple of people to read - with the idea of submitting it next week.

Some red meat for our lions here, I've posted the first chapter-and-a-half of my WIP-novel in me folder here. I didn't add the three mods to the private tag, guessing that they can read it anyway?

If you have any feedback, I'd be truly grateful for it.

For those of you interested in trying to get your work published, I'd suggest www.duotrope.com

It's a compilation of places that are accepting submissions, deadlines, guidelines, and indices by type. It also lets you track where you've submitted what, and in which stage of the publishing process you are with each.

Kind of a nifty site.

Just thought you all might like to know, Wonder Woman just received honorable mention in the L. Ron Hubbard's Writers of the Future Contest. According to the news article this was a banner year with many submissions from around the world.

I would like to be the first to congratulate Wonder Woman on her accomplishment.

Agricolus, I think this should be in our honor wall, the Hall of Fame.