Sense Link + Dimension Door = Surprise! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Sense Link + Dimension Door = Surprise!

Sense Link + Dimension Door = Surprise!

I know Dimension Door has the exclusion of action after the "jump".

But... I'm wondering if this would work well, somehow: our party thief, while invisible, sneaks into the enemy lair. I have Sense Link to his sight. He can bypass a lot of the ambush area and sticking points, and get near the BBEG. Now, since I can see the area, I can DD a few other party in. I could possibly DD back out and grab the rest, then bring them in.

He can cast Fog and Darkness. I wonder if there's a viable way to get some of the group into the area and get a foothold. Or maybe just find an empty room and jump into there.

Or I'm just overthinking it, maybe the fun part is battling through the baddies

Get a pair of ring gates. give one to the thief, cast reduce person on the party, squeeze through the gates.

Hey Presto: instant infiltration. Gaseous form works as well as Reduce person, but as a 7th level wizard (the minimum possible for DD as far as I can tell) you could simply use reduce person (mass).

Alternatively you can bring yourself and 2 party members along with the dimension door, unless you have a bigger party than 4 that should be within your grasp already.

Low magic campaign, so won't be finding/buying any cool gear like that.

Wish there was a way to get rid of the "no action" until next round thing with DD.

In 3.5, monks can act after dimension door via the sun school feat
In pathfinder, anyone can act after dimension door via the dimensional dervish feat chain