I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force. - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

I Sense a Great Disturbance in the Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderhorn View Post
So, I read the BBC article on it, and do I understand this right? They plan to do 7, 8, 9, and then another movie every three years afterwards ad infinitum?
That would appear to be the case. We'll see how far they actually carry through with that.

Now the Thrawn Trilogy could be amazing. It would be so amazing to see Thrawn in action on the big screen. Would be a bittersweet moment to see him die, though. Its like losing Vader. You love him, but he can't beat Luke, Han, and Leia.

Someone, though (awhile back), ripped Thrawn for just being a omniscient character. I beg to differ. Thrawn was actually just a genius at predicting behavioral patterns already present in people, races, and the Rebellion. That and he was a brilliant military master; with enough sense to know his way around a political arena as well.

Oh snap... Mara Jade would be in it! Huzzah! If they do the Thrawn books, they had better pick a hottie for the actress portraying Mara. Sorry, but we all know Mara has to hot.

Yeah... A Thrawn trilogy would be beautiful.

Everyone seems to be worried how this will affect the Expanded Universe. To which I give a giant raspberry. Who the heck cares? The sooner they take the Expanded Universe, shred it, chuck the garbage out the airlock and then blast the debris with the Death Star superlaser, the better off we'll all be. Even from the earliest stuff, about half of it was dreck and in the last 5-10 years, 99.9% of it has been utter worthless festering garbage spewed out by hacks with even less talent than Lucas. I can't decide whats worse, the Star Wars zombies or the Sith worship wankfest. And don't even get me started on the Vong.

Yeah, I care far more about the next movies being entertaining than I do if they adhere to the books and such. They don't have to stick with the Skywalker characters either. I'd be easier to find a new cast than to try and make a 3 years later Thrawn version with a whole new cast but the same characters.

Don't be knocking the possibility for a new cast playing the known trio. Star Trek aced that with such flying colors, even hardcore Original Trek fans were drooling over how amazing the movie was and how well the actors portrayed their counterparts.

Who's too say a Star Wars movie can't do the same? Won't know until we see the movie in the theaters.

As for the EU, while I agree much of it was junk yes, it had a lot of gems. Rogue Squadron Starfighters of Adumar was amazingly well written and hilarious. Besides, ignoring the EU would basically be committing SW suicide. That may be too strongly phrased, but my point is that the EU existed (with Lucas's acceptance) for nearly 30 years, 30 years, before Episodes 1-3 came along. The EU is as much apart of SW as the movies are. The only thing that can be done is to wade through the junk and pick out the good stuff.

I hate a lot of what got put in, but I've been inspired by a lot as well. And yes, the Sith have been HUGELY over done. And yes the Vong are a horrible joke gone bad.

EU is important to a small percentage of people. Most know about the movies and that's it. They would lose nothing at all by ditching EU stuff, anyone hardcore enough to know EU is going to watch it even if it abandons the EU storyline and everyone else won't even know enough to care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
I guess you haven't watched the Star Wars Christmas Special......

Here you go, starts at 1:44
I guess you haven't watched two girls one cup followed by *something even worse*. I mean, seriously, why link that? :P

Quote:
Yeah, I care far more about the next movies being entertaining than I do if they adhere to the books and such. They don't have to stick with the Skywalker characters either. I'd be easier to find a new cast than to try and make a 3 years later Thrawn version with a whole new cast but the same characters.
And if they can make existing material into something entertaining - even better. :P

I mean, similar results. I dunno, I just don't wanna feel like a hypocrite based on some other stuff I said about starcraft 2.

For what it's worth, I have no idea what the EU is outside of the European Union.

It will be new, fun, and I'll get to see the Fandom Menace once again shaking their fists with one hand while simultaneously handing over the contents of their wallets with the other.