Sleep spell D&D 3.5 - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Sleep spell D&D 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletta Vadim View Post
Deep Slumber has a cap of 10, and I do believe there's a feat somewhere to add +3 to the HD caps of various spells, sleepers included (though that may be Dragon material).
Not quite what it does. It adds 3 to the CL cap for a spell's CL-dependent effects, like Fireball's damage. It's called Reserves of Strength from the Dragonlance books (Age of Mortals, I think. Maybe DLCS). In any case, doesn't help here. Once you, yourself hit level 5, you're expected to switch to Deep Slumber to put enemies to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletta Vadim View Post
And Cnyperos, I assure you, the vast majority of the game's most broken spells are in the PHB. (Hello, Polymorph.) Spell Compendium ain't breaking that balance any worse.
What about Sleep? First level, save or (effectively) die. Stuff like Suggestion, Polymorph, Evard's Tentacles of Forced Penetration, Telekinesis, Planar Binding, Magic Jar, Flesh to Stone, Shapechange, Time Stop, (Limited) Wish... Yeah, these broke the game wide open long before SC ever came out. Even if you're just 1st-level, the things you can do with a well-played Silent Image or Charm Person is absurd (basically, you can do whatever the DM lets you get away with). The only spell outside the core environment with that kind of power is Alibi from Exemplars of Evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
Once you, yourself hit level 5, you're expected to switch to Deep Slumber to put enemies to sleep.
And since enemy HD scale so very much faster than PCs' character levels (and thus spell level access), spells and other effects based off of target HD are problematic at best past very early levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
Not quite what it does. It adds 3 to the CL cap for a spell's CL-dependent effects, like Fireball's damage. It's called Reserves of Strength from the Dragonlance books (Age of Mortals, I think. Maybe DLCS). In any case, doesn't help here. Once you, yourself hit level 5, you're expected to switch to Deep Slumber to put enemies to sleep.
That's not the feat I was thinking of.

Suggestion, Mass. Depending on the situation.

"You feel tired. Go to sleep." - The Manipulator