HALO 4: Forward Unto Dawn - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

HALO 4: Forward Unto Dawn

HALO 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Did anyone else watch the first release in the live action series of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn? It looks FANTASTIC and far better than I was expecting. I can't wait for the next one; they'll be released weekly on Fridays.

That was really interesting. Dragged a bit at first but once you figured out what was going on it got better.

Yes please. I would love to see a genuine attempt to create a good TV/video adaptation of a video game, and one with Orwellian overtones fits pretty well in the Halo universe.

I like it, seems pretty interesting although I do wonder at it's placement in the timeline since at the beginning of this first episode there's a transmission from the Forward Unto Dawn made by Cortana at the end of Halo 3, but as far as I know the Insurrection attacks were before the Covenant invasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicNecropath View Post
I like it, seems pretty interesting although I do wonder at it's placement in the timeline since at the beginning of this first episode there's a transmission from the Forward Unto Dawn made by Cortana at the end of Halo 3, but as far as I know the Insurrection attacks were before the Covenant invasion.
I'm thinking that whole episode was a flashback by the Commander on the bridge as he was listening to Cortanna's cry for help. Just a thought.

---Val

Yeah, the commander on the bridge was Lasky as an older man. Was really well done, I really can't wait until next Friday to see what the next episode brings what with the threat of Covenant invasion incoming.

i have faith it will work out for Cortana, shes such an intregral part of the series, i cant imagine them doing any halos without her. As a scifi game too, anything is possible

I certainly hope so! Cortana has always been one of my favorite Halo characters. She will at least last the duration of the new trilogy, I think, her and Chief.